Thursday, April 05, 2012

Sketchbook 4 -- Sketch #2

I wanted to share the layout and card that I made with Sketch #2 for Kelly Purkey's Sketchbook 4 workshop at Studio Calico. First the layout...


I had these super colourful photos that were taken at the waterpark last summer that I thought could work well with the sketch.... I used some Crate, Fancy Pants, Echo Park, My Mind's Eye & Lily Bee patterned paper from my scrap folder, along with my Papertrey Ink Simple Circle border die to make the circle stacks. I also used my PTI Wonderful Words Additions stamp, along with this week's MIM challenge at Papertrey Ink: Generational Stamping to create a drop shadow on my word. I used my PTI Block Alphabet & Layerz Mat Stack #5 dies for my title, and a stamp from the PTI Movers & Shakers stamp set for my journaling.


The teacher I've been subbing for all week lost his father in an ATV accident on the weekend, so I thought I'd use the sketch to make a sympathy card for his students to sign and give to him when he gets back.


I used PTI cardstock (spring moss, rustic white), stamps (modern wood mats, love & marriage, botanical silhouettes), twine & buttons. The patterned paper is Crate.

Thanks for looking!

5 comments:

Amy Kolling said...

Beautiful Leigh!!! I want that set just for that wood stamp!!!!

Anita Rex said...

Gorgeous! Love your fun LO of a local spot and great sympathy card. Sorry to read the reason the teacher is gone. So kind of you to make this card for the students to sign for him. :>

Deb said...

Awesome layout!!! Love those bright colors. Your sympathy card is simply perfect.

Jen said...

wow!! love what you've done with that circle border! so awesome!!

Anonymous said...

so cute! love the colors on the kraft background!
KarenP(kphike)