Friday, April 27, 2012

Five for Friday

1. We've been busy with piano lately, with Festival last week and a recital last night. The kids all played one favourite solo piece and I played our duets with Sage & Austin. It was fun.... something I'd like to do again, for sure!

2. I had the day off on Wednesday and decided it was time that I take down my Christmas decor outside of my front door and make things look a little more Spring-like...


I purchased some silk flowers at Walmart and used some containers I already had...




3. I also changed around some things in my scrap area earlier this week. I'd attended a fabulous crop on Saturday and when I went to unpack on Sunday afternoon, I realized what bothered me the most about my previous set up (as seen here): I don't like sitting with my back to the room. I prefer to look out in to the room, with my back to a wall. So, I moved over some shelving units (with a little help from Austin & Sage!) and pulled my table away from the wall. Here are some photos of my newly organized space:






Here's what I have on my table, from left to right: my containers of buttons & baby wipes (to clean my stamps),  my PTI stamps in their Tim Holtz stamp folders and my caddy that holds scraps of white cardstock and 6x6 patterned paper, my scissors, rulers, craft knife, bone folder and pens & pencils.



Then, I have my rotating shelving which holds my jewels, felt, twine, thread, small tools (eraser, edge distresser, corner rounders, needles) & my inks. Beside that are my file folders that hold my PTI cardstock and then my files that hold my 12x12 patterned paper.


Beside my table, I placed my IKEA kitchen stand. Over that, I have my framed 1st Dan Taekwondo certificate. Then, I have a card display that I use to store a few non-PTI stamps and my punches. On the table, I have my photo trimmer and my Big Shot.


On the shelves below, I have a box of photos (there are presently a couple of sleeves of decorative brads in front of the photos) and a box of embellishments. Below that is my binder of diecuts.

I have a couple other shelves with hold my supplies that I don't use as often, but form some reason, I forgot to upload this photo. You can see part of these shelves in the first photo.

4. I started this layout last Saturday and finally got it finished last night, so I thought I'd share it:


I used Papertrey cardstock (classic kraft, smokey shadow), SU! cardstock (island indigo) & My Mind's Eye patterned paper (hexagons), diecut & decorative brads. The strip of yellow polkadot paper is Lily Bee and I diecut my title using my Quickutz Classic alphabet dies.

5.  At our piano recital last night (see #1), we gave Mrs. Wiebe, our piano teacher a gift certificate to a local nursery and this card, which I made using this week's Make It Monday at Papertrey Ink: Glitter Diecuts.



I used Papertrey cardstock (stamper's select white, pure poppy), stamps (stitches & swirls, Think Big Favourites #4, Happy Day) and dies (3.5" limitless layers ovals, Happy Day). I also used Crate Paper patterned paper, some Martha Stewart glitter & some white embossing powder on the background.


Wow, what a long post!

Thanks for looking!

12 comments:

Elena said...

I love seeing where you craft! It looks like such a nice space :)

carolanne said...

I love doorways and yours looks very welcoming:-) Thanks for sharing your workspace. Great ideas! And your card with the floral butterfly is so pretty!

Ashley Cannon Newell said...

Leigh, your space is great! I love how your stamps are organized in the clear sleeves. I wasn't going to go that route, but after seeing how easy yours looks to thumb through, I may reconsider. HMMM decisions, decisions! Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Yes! I totally know what you mean, hate facing the wall too! Good for you for changing things up :) It looks great!

Stephanie said...

Leigh I love your craft space - can I come play?! x

Sherrie M. said...

Thanks for the tour of your space!

LEG Studios said...

Thanks for sharing, Leigh! Love the card and your craft sanctuary.

Deb said...

It's great that you changed up your table and where your back faces. Your layout is very similar to mine. My die cutting is just to my right. I just swivel around and it is perfect. Thanks for sharing!

Unknown said...

Love your craft space. My back it to the room so I know what you mean. Your front porch looks great too.

Sanketi said...

I envy your well organized space..mine is a mess right now..not that it was ever well organized!!!
I love your style of cardmaking!

Tracey McNeely said...

Love your craft space and your glitter butterfly is awesome!

Jean said...

Love your sparkly butterfly card & your newly designed craft space. BTW with you facing the room instead of the wall, it is very feng shui appropriate now :)