Friday, September 06, 2013

Back to school

Well, it's back to school for us this week & I have a back-to-school layout to share 
that I made for Fresh Squeezed Stamps using Subway Series: Summer.

Now, before you assume that I'm super on the ball with scrapbooking my photos, 
I have to tell you, these photos are from two years ago. ;)

I used some school-themed patterned papers to go along with my photos.


I stamped the school sentiment onto black cardstock 
and heat embossed it with white embossing powder. 
Then I dipped a paper towel into some white pigment ink 
and rubbed it over my sentiment to give a chalkboard effect.


There's a tab below the photo of my daughter with her teacher 
that you can pull out to read my journaling.

Thanks for looking!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

The layout is so pretty Leigh! :)

Miriam Prantner said...

What a great layout to document the kids and their new teachers! That subway stamp is perfect!

Tracey McNeely said...

I love this layout Leigh, I am definitely going to CASE this one! Have a great weekend!

Joyce said...

What a fabulous layout. How fun to see the kids with their teachers. I love how you used that subway stamp like a chalkboard. Perfect for school.

Darnell said...

What an awesome layout and a fun idea to take the beginning-of-the-year photos with the teachers! I really love that pull-out tab idea, Leigh!!

Sherri said...

That effect you did on the stamp is just AWESOME Leigh! Happy Back to School for you too. It's such a bittersweet time of year. Thanks for all your comments today. It means a lot that you stop by :) Looking forward to seeing you at the crop. Fingers crossed that the date stays open for me xx

Erin said...

This is such a fun layout, Leigh!

Kelly Griglione said...

I have to admit I was quite surprised that you had a back-to-school layout already!! Whew, glad it was from 2 years ago. Great layout, Leigh!!

Anonymous said...

So cute!!! I love your design Leigh!

Kara said...

great page idea!

Lindsey said...

Love how you used this stamp on a layout. It fits perfectly! I always love when you do the pull tabs for journaling.

craftmates said...

Beautiful layout! Love the chalkboard effect on the subway style sentiment- Irma