Friday, September 27, 2013

A fall fox

When I first saw Danielle's Make It Monday Challenge at Papertrey Ink, where she uses dimensional paste to create a flocked look on her cards, I figured I couldn't participate because I don't have any dimensional paste.


I still wasn't sure if I would participate, since I only own two PTI cover plates, but then I saw

So, I mixed up a batch of dimensional paste, substituting white glue for the white paint. 
And here's what I made...


I used the Mighty Oak cover plate for my technique.

For my fox, I paper-pieced him with rustic white and canyon clay card stock.
Sage has this t-shirt, which sparked the idea to give the fox a scarf.
I used the scarf from my SSS Stylish Simon stamp set and trimmed it down.
I was going to paper-piece it for the stripes, but then I reminded myself that I'm not a crazy person,
so I water coloured it with some classic kraft ink instead.

I added his head and the speech bubble with some dimensional adhesive.


I gave this card to Sage. She and I have been pretty sad that summer is over (& we can't buy watermelon in the store anymore!) So, I wanted to encourage her to find the blessings of each season and told her to write five of them on the back of the card.

She wrote six:

1. how beautiful it looks outside
2. school
3. all the days I can play inside
4. my birthday
5. my new teachers
6. all the time I get to spend with you

Isn't she the sweetest?

By the way, I'm also linking this card up for the Simon Says Stamp Challenge: Anything Goes.

Thanks for looking!



20 comments:

Jennifer K said...

Adorable card and adorable daughter. I, too, am sad that summer is nearly over. :(

Interesting technique - I don't have any paste so didn't even plan to do this one but now that you made your own I wonder if I should give it a try.

Tracey McNeely said...

Turned out so fantastic Leigh!

Miriam Prantner said...

So cute! I love the paste and the sweetest list! This is a keeper for sure!

Anonymous said...

LOVE that card by Debby Hughes too! I pinned it to my pinterest board- I love your take on creating the same look! Very cute!

Sherri said...

Seriously the cutest card. Second only to the sweet facts that Sage was able to articulate about the season. Super sweet Leigh.

Danielle Flanders said...

How sweet! The tree is so cute with the fox!
Danielle

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

That card came out great - thanks for linking my blog! That paste works like a charm - and it feels good when its dry.

Debby said...

I'm with Jennifer - what a sweetheart of a daughter! Wow, making your own paste - what a great result! And foxie is so adorable - love his scarf although, yes, you would've been certifiable to have paper pieced it LOL.

Alanna said...

I love this. Well done. And I love what Sage put. So cute.

tonyamaries said...

I LOVE this! And Sage is a doll! :)

Karen C. said...

Love this look, Leigh. The fox with the little scarf is so adorable, too. What a great idea to have the card recipient write in the card - such a fun idea.

LauraJane:) said...

This looks Fabulous!!

Alex said...

Sage is wonderful Leigh, she seems like such a great kid! Love your foxy card, I was just as happy as you when Cornelia posted her "recipe" for the paste! Your card came out great!

Joyce said...

Sage is so sweet. You should bottle her up! Fabulous card, too. I did not even watch the video because I did not have that paste. I guess I should not have given up so easily.

DIANA L. said...

Nice job!! The tree and the fox are mighty cute!! Have a great weekend
DIANA L.
dianamlarson.blogspot.com

Sadie said...

Your card turned out so perfect! Loving your paper pieced fox.

Taheerah said...

Wonderful card Leigh! Love that tree!

cheiron said...

Wonderful use of paste! Love the tone on tone look. Thanks for playing along with the Anything Goes Challenge over at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog this week!

Wida said...

this is FABULOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kim S said...

This is so cute in every way. The background is gorgeous and his little heart bubble is sweet!