Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Twelve squirrels and a fox

I have a few cards to share.... and they all have squirrels on them!

The first one is for Grayson. You can read about him here on my friend, Joyce's blog.
I thought he'd like the cute little squirrel and I included a joke on the inside:

"How do you catch a squirrel?

Answer: Climb up a tree and act like a nut." ;)

I used some MME paper from my scrap bin, as well as my PTI Nuts For You set, double-ended banner die and new notched banner dies.


And I wanted to share something that I'm quite excited about...

For the past 14 years, since Austin was 4 months old, I've been volunteering with our Sunday school program. We have it set up that the kids have small group leaders and we do our teaching from a stage. The small group leaders are called coaches and the teachers are called creative communicators.
Well. for the past fourteen years, I've been a creative communicator. Last year, while I was a CC, I subbed as a coach for other groups on occasion, which I didn't mind.

This weekend, though I was asked if I would coach for a few weeks, because they're short on volunteers. I said that would be fine, but asked if I could do it all year. Our coordinator was very happy about that!

So, now, I have a my own group! Sage is in it (yay!) along with seven other grade 3 and 4 boys and girls. As we were sitting together on Sunday morning, getting to know each other, I got excited at the thought that I could make cards and treats for them!

So, when we came home from church, after making Grayson's card, I decided to paper-piece a few more squirrels to make cards for my group, just to let them know that I'm happy they're in my group & that I think we're going to have a great year together. Here's a close up of one of the cards....


I dug through my scraps bin to find some "fallish" patterned paper to paper-piece this little guy.
I just think he's so cute!

And here are the nine other cards I made....
(I know, I have eight kids in my group, but on Sunday, I only had six, until two more showed up, so I thought it might be wise to have a couple of extras on hand, just in case.)




So, that's eleven squirrels....

The last squirrel and the fox are from Sage. She made her card for Grayson,
using the PTI Hello, Foxy set, as well as the new Bubble Talk dies.



We're linking these up to this week's Simon Says Stamp Challenge: Animal Antics.


Thanks for looking!

18 comments:

Elena said...

super cute, Leigh! love all the different patterns - that squirrel is adorable in every way!

Happy Dance said...

Sweet, sweet cards! I know your class will get the biggest kick out of them! Those squirrels are adorable, and love what your daughter made for Grayson. I've been teaching Sunday School since forever, I think. It's a true blessing to work with the kids. For the past two years, I've been working with the 3y.o. to kindgergarten kids. Whew! They are fun, excited to be there and exhausting for this grandma! Blessings all year long! Bev

Alanna said...

All of the cards turned out wonderful. Enjoy your new group at church. Sounds like fun.

Miriam Prantner said...

These are so cute! I bet the kids love them!

Tracey McNeely said...

There are all so cute and you just sold me on that squirrel!

Anonymous said...

Awwww these are adorable Leigh!!!

Julia Aston said...

What fun little squirrel cards! I'm sure the kids will love each having one!

craftmates said...

These are all so adorable, Leigh! The kids are lucky to have you in their group! -Irma

Joni Andaya said...

Love these Leigh...so Adorable. The kids will love it for sure :)

Jean Martin said...

Sooo cute! I have that banner die on my wish list. Now I think I will have to bump it up! :)

Linda Nicholson said...

All of these are adorable Leigh! What lucky kids to have you as their coach!

Linda

Jill Norwood said...

Leigh and Sage your cards are wonderful! I am nuts about each and every one! Have fun in your classes. Ours start up again at the beginning of October! :)

Joyce said...

Congrats on your new Sunday school class. How sweet of you to make cards for every one of your students, and Grayson, too. They are all adorable.

@JoyceCasaldi said...

What cute cards for you kiddos, you must be such a fun teacher, I'm betting all your lessons have a craft tied in!

Kara said...

Ahhhh.... Cute patterned squirrels!!!

Kelly Griglione said...

Awesome news, so happy you're enjoying your new role at church! And, the patterned squirrels are so darn adorable. Every single one of them! You must have had fun putting them together. I'm sure the kids (and their parents) will really enjoy them. Wonderful card by Sage too!! : )

Lindsey said...

So sweet...all of them!

maria f. said...

I'm in love. With the giant polka dot squirrel :-)