Friday, September 20, 2013

You make every day special

Welcome to my Friday post, where I share a project that I've designed 

Today's card was made with three stamp sets: 
the little bicycle from Breath of Fresh Flair
the skyline from  On Trend 2013 
and a sentiment from Everyday Expressions.


I started by stamping the skyline in Versamark and heat embossing it with black embossing powder. 
Then I diecut some clouds from some post-it notes to make masks 
for when I added some blue ink to my card using my blending tool. 
I added some strips of patterned paper and stamped my bicycle. 
Then I cut a banner from my mat, stamped my sentiment and adhered it to my card, 
after wrapping it with twine. 
Some stitching finishes it off.


I'm also linking this up to this week's Simon Says Stamp Challenge: to use a product from their store.
They sell Fresh Squeezed Stamps stamps. :)


Thanks for looking!

18 comments:

Lynn said...

I love how you stitched the patterned paper on the card. An adorable scene.

Taheerah said...

Gorgeous card Leigh! Love the delicate sponging and the mix of patterns and colours!

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

WOW! Fabulous card! I LOVE the paper on the bottom and the addition of the stitching!

Alanna said...

Love this Leigh. Your skyline and scene you've created is just fabulous.

Miriam Prantner said...

Great card! Love the soft sponging and the sweet scene you created!

Luanne said...

I love the little bicycle! It works perfectly in your little scene. Thanks for your comment, yes that is the new bow die! My girlfriend ordered it and let me use it. It's so nice to share the goods! Have a great weekend!

Tracey McNeely said...

Oh my gosh Leigh this is so fabulous, love you inking and as always love your stitching!

Erin said...

Leigh, this is just gorgeous!

Jingle said...

Super cute card! I love that cityscape stamp! Thanks so much for joining us for the Simon Says Stamp STAMPtember® Challenge!

Cindy Lovell said...

I love this card! Beautiful scene,that you've created! Love the stitching!!

Elizabeth said...

I love your cards, they make me smile!
e.

Happy Dance said...

I love everything about this! Gorgeous colors, patterns, stamped images... Simply fabulous! Bev

Jackie Rockwell said...

Wish I was brave enough os stitch on my cards. This is such a warm and friendly card. The skyline looks great!

Joni Andaya said...

Beautiful Leigh!

Unknown said...

This is a great card it reminds me of a google page about a month ago that had a beautiful song that went with.

Wida said...

you are SO good with patterned paper! such a fun card!

Amy Kolling said...

OMG!!!! This is one fabulous FSS card!!! I LOVE love how you have mixed the sets for stamping your scene!!! Wow!!!!!

Kim S said...

This is SO fun!! I love the addition of the strips with the bicycle riding down the road!