Sunday, November 30, 2014

A few things to share....

Well, we're definitely starting to get into Christmas mode here....
Last Saturday, it was a little warmer outside -- 
meaning I could go and work outside without ski pants and not freeze my butt off --
so, I decided to decorate the outside of my house.
I strung some evergreen boughs along my front window and porch railing.
And I also decorated near the front door.


The bright, shiny silver rectangle at the bottom is a sign that I made.
I found a piece of MDF in our basement and spray painted it silver -- well, actually, the colour was called "chrome" (this, too, I found in my basement.)
Then, I diecut the Bible verse with my Silhouette and some vinyl.


I started decorating the inside of my house on Friday.
And we put up the tree and the lights yesterday, but had several interruptions,
so we didn't get it decorated.
Hopefully, this afternoon....

And Jonah & Sage had their parent-teacher conferences on Friday,
so, of course, I made batches of butter crunch to give away.

I wasn't sure how much I'd enjoy this technique, because stamping backgrounds
isn't my specialty, but I was surprised at how much fun I had!

I diecut eight tags using classic kraft yardstick and Tag Sale #7.
Then, because I don't have any stripe stamps, I searched through my sets to find
some line stamps I could use.
The diecut words are Wet Paint Cuts.
I made four different designs, with two different colour schemes.
These first four use ripe avocado, terracotta tile and white. 


 


And the second colour scheme is ripe avocado, hawaiian shores & white.





Thanks for looking!

22 comments:

Joan B said...

everything is gorgeous. love that sign and the tags are beautiful

Elena said...

wow! I love the decorating you did outside, so pretty! Especially your vinyl verse - i've never tried cutting vinyl but i think i might need to try! I have a piece of mdf in my garage around the same size :)

~amy~ said...

Love your front door décor!

Such fabulous tags and treats!!

Lynn said...

You house looks gorgeous Leigh. Love the beautiful sign. And the teacher thanks tags...the plaid is fabulous.

Kristie Goulet said...

Love your outdoor decorations especially, that verse on the board! Awesome tags too! Way to rock that plaid stamping!

Mandy LaCroix said...

Love that sign ! And your tags look GREAT!!!

Kay Miller said...

Your decorations look just wonderful and those tags are amazing! Love all the different variations!

Kathryn A said...

Great tags, Leigh! And I love your front door decorations, especially the sign you made! Very clever and creative!!

Karen C. said...

Great tags Leigh. Love your colour combos too. Your front entrance looks very festive and welcoming.

Megan Carroll said...

Great post Leigh! Love your sign... I was just thinking of getting a Silhouette... You are always great for some inspiration!

Jacquie Southas said...

Love your plaids, Leigh! Great color choices and love them on kraft.

Luanne said...

Fabulous tags Leigh! Will you come and decorate my front door? :-)

Kathy said...

The sign on your porch is so wonderful, and those gift tags with plaid are fun! Nice projects all.

Joyce said...

Your house looks so nice, and I love all of your plaid tags.

Miriam Prantner said...

Gorgeous entryway! I really love your sign and those plaid tags look fantastic!

Audrey Pettit said...

Ooh, what a fabulous post, Leigh! I am in LOVE with your front porch decorations! So beautiful and serene, and your die cut sign board is just amazing. LOVE your sweet treat packaging, too!

Deepti said...

These are so cool and so pretty :) Have to make some thing like this, I am so inspired !

Nora Noll said...

What a lovely front stoop you have!! I LOVE your decorations!!! I also love the adorable tags you created. That stamped plaid rocks!

Celeste Goff said...

What amazing tags you made Leigh and I love your gorgeous front porch with that pretty red door!

alexandra s.m. said...

Your decoration looks straight out of a magazine Leigh! I love your tags as well ;))

Michelle said...

I think I want to be Jonah's and Sage's teachers so that I qualify for those cute little bags of butter crunch! I love your decorating, just beautiful!

cm said...

I love your red door (on my 'dream house wish list!), and the warmth is certainly enhanced by the oh-so-pretty Christmas decor. The treat bags = happy teachers! So thoughtful!
~c