Monday, November 10, 2014

Cas(e) This Sketch #99 -- take 2


I loved this week's CAS(E) This Sketch #99 by Michelle Williams
so much that I made another card using it.


Here's my card:


This card actually got modified quite a bit....
I'd started with some My Mind's Eye floral patterned paper along the side and chose my colours 
from there, but it felt too busy to me, so I switched it out for this bold, but soft 
striped patterned paper (also MME).
I stamped PTI's Scribbled Circles onto vintage cream card stock in versamark and heat embossed them in clear. Then I inked them with my Tim Holtz blending tool and sweet blush, aqua mist,
berry sorbet & ocean tides inks.
I'd stamped some green leaves at first, but decided it was too many colours, so I restamped those 
(using Wplus9's Spring Blooms stamp set).
The sentiment is PTI's Wet Paint stamped in ocean tides.

Visit CAS(E) this Sketch to see the rest of the DT's takes on the sketch 
and to play along, if you'd like.
You have until Thursday, November 13th to link up your card.

Thanks for looking!

16 comments:

Michelle said...

I love it! The bold pastel stripes are perfect wtih those big blooms! :-)

Betty said...

love the soft colors you used and the stripe is perfect accent for the scribble flowers - very pretty

Audrey Pettit said...

Oh, it looks beautiful, Leigh! Love this color palette and love the scribbled circle flowers. I think the bold striped print you ended up using is perfect!

~amy~ said...

This is gorgeous Leigh!

Anonymous said...

So pretty! Love the colors!

Tenia Nelson said...

LOVE!!!

donna mikasa said...

So pretty, Leigh! Great idea to turn the scribbly circles into flowers! Love this!

Jamie said...

This is so pretty! I love the color combo!

Celeste Goff said...

Great card Leigh! I just love the colors of the flowers and the patterned paper strip on the side!

Bobby said...

The Scribbles make a delightful bouquet and fit perfectly for the sketch.

Kelly Latevola said...

I think that wide stripe was the perfect compliment to those gorgeous blooms!!

Patti said...

Beautiful color combo!! such a sweet card.

Patti

Keep It Sweet and Simple said...

Such a beautiful card.
Caroline xxx

Joyce said...

Fabulous card--I love those scribbled circles, and great idea to have those leaves stamped directly on the card.

Bethany Stellpflug said...

*squeeee* this is stunning! I'm loving the softer colors! :D

cm said...

Scribbly, swirly fabulous fun! In the midst of all the Christmas projects I'm working on, this is a refreshing delight (and it's certainly warmed me up, thinking of 'spring' colours...-27C here this morning. Yeesh!).
~c