Sunday, November 16, 2014

Advent Calendar Tag & Coordinating Card, Day 4


I was inspired to create a new Advent Calendar this year.
I've made 24 numbered tags that I'm displaying on an old window that
will hang on my kitchen wall.

For each tag, I also have a card to share that I made, inspired by the tag.
(You can see my previous tags & cards here.)

For Day 4's tag, I used the PTI's Shaker Shapes: Star dies with
some Simple Stories Holly Jolly patterned paper.


I diecut the stitched star die from some stamper's select white cardstock
and the 4 from some smokey shadow cardstock using PTI's Book Print Number dies.
I diecut the snowflake from some music note paper using the largest snowflake from
Wplus9's Snowflake Trio Dies and stitched a button over top.

For my coordinating card, I used the same patterned paper & Shaker Shapes die.


For the base of my card, I used some Bazzill Basics Guacamole cardstock, which I also used for the stitched star diecut.
I diecut the banner using some Bazzill Basics Taffy and the banner die from PTI's
MIM Tinsel & Tags kit, on which I stamped using the same banner (in soft stone) 
and the sentiment (also from the Tinsel & Tags stamp set.)
I ran the Bazzill Basics Marshmallow cardstock through my diecutting machine 
with my We R Memory Keepers wood grain embossing folder.
A few Pretty Pink Posh wooden stars finish it off.

Thanks for looking!

12 comments:

~amy~ said...

Love them Leigh!

Megan Carroll said...

Love that stitched star with the scalloped mat. Looks fabulous!!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Such a sweet set Leigh. Love the star calendar piece with the scallop edge... the wood grain background is awesome on the card.

Erin said...

This is so, so cute!

Kristie Goulet said...

Awesome tag and card!!! :)

Lisa Elton said...

The stitched star is fabulous! Love these Leigh!

Jamie said...

I love this stitched star and love the patterned paper's you chose! The scallop trim is really cute!

Joyce said...

Love the way you used those fabulous stars.

Audrey Pettit said...

OMGoodness, beautiful! Those stars are absolutely gorgeous!

Miriam Prantner said...

Love the star shaped tag! Such a fun series this is!

Kelly Latevola said...

Very festive! I love colors and the banner sentiment with those wood veneer stars is perfect!!

Chrissy Larson said...

WOW! I love them all so far and can't wait to see more!