Monday, November 03, 2014

Halloween Weekend Photos & Some Exciting News

I just thought I'd share some of our Halloween weekend photos...

Here are our Doctor Who themed costumes:


Jonah was the 11th Doctor (I'm not sure why he isn't wearing his fez in these photos....)
and we dressed Lucy as K-9. 


(She was a pretty good sport about it, but when we went trick-or-treating, 
she kept stepping out of it! LOL!)


Austin was the 10th Doctor.


Sage was Amy Pond, the 11th Doctor's companion.


And I was the Tardis.


I made my costume out of a polar fleece blanket that we'd had for years.
I used the Mama Elephant Inline alphabet dies to diecut the black felt letters
and my PTI Modern Alphabet dies to diecut the "public call" letters from cream felt.

Here are the pumpkins we carved...


And a shot when we left to go trick-or-treating.


The following day, we drove to Winnipeg to go to the Central Canada Comic Con -- or C4.
It was our first time there and it turned out to be a lot of fun!

A selfie when we got there....


We were a little worried that other people wouldn't be dressed up..... but 
when we went inside, we quickly saw that that wasn't the case! 

There were quite a few Doctor Who costumes and people really seemed to like my Tardis costume --
I even had a guy ask if he could take his photo with me -- so fun!

They had a life size Tardis on display, so we posed in front of that...


And later, when we were sitting in the lobby, an official C4 photographer asked if she could
take our photo.... 
We chatted with her for a while, so I asked if she could take one with our camera, too.


The kids ended up each buying a poster from the Artist's Alley, which was so fun, 
and I got a necklace.
We entered the costume contest, but never heard anything, so I guess we didn't win --
oh well, it was still really fun to go as a theme -- we got lots of compliments.
And it was just so fun to hang out with my kids!

Now, before I go, I wanted to share some exciting news....

I have been asked to join the Bazzill Creative Team!


I got an email in the summertime from Emily Waters 
asking me to join the team...... and my first thought was: 
"Bazzill knows who I am?"

I'm very exciting to be given the opportunity to design for this product
that has been a staple for me since I started scrapbooking in 2003!
And with Bazzill joining the American Crafts family,
that means that I'll also get to design with some of their products, too!
I'm very much looking forward to this new chapter together!

Thanks for looking!

24 comments:

merryf said...

Congratulations to you ! They are lucky to have you!
(and your Tardis costume is fabulous!)

Jennifer K said...

Congrats on your design team!! That is so awesome. I love using the Bazzill Card Shoppe cardstock.

Miriam Prantner said...

Great photos! Love your coordinated costumes, and HOORAY and CONGRATULATIONS on your exciting announcement!

cm said...

A post of pure joy and entertainment, Leigh! Your costume photos are awesome; I so love seeing you and your children sharing an incredibly strong bond of 'togetherness'! The trip to C4: only super cool. I predict some amazing layouts about to unfold! As for your new DT role: CONGRATS! Happy dancing thrilled for you, and for us, who get to reap the benefits of seeing even more of your exponential creativity!
~c

Kristie Goulet said...

Awesome costumes, Leigh!!! Thanks for sharing and HUGE congrats on your design team! That is awesome!

Chriss Blagrave said...

Such a wonderful post Leigh! I loved seeing the themed costumes and your Halloween celebrations.
Congrats on the DT!!!

Happy Dance said...

Looks like Halloween and C4 were a blast for your family! Memories to treasure always!! And I'm pretty sure EVERYONE knows who you are. You've been one of my cardmaking heroes for a long time. Bazzill has made the perfect DT choice in you; your cards/pages are always brilliant. Congratulations to you and well done!!! So happy for you. Bev

Alanna said...

Your Halloween photos are so cute. Love them. And congrats on the new DT. That's awesome!

Kara said...

awesome! Congrats!

Lisa Elton said...

MANY MANY congrats Leigh, SO HAPPY for you!!! FUN costumes, TFS!!

Cheryl said...

Congratulations!!! You are so talented, and they are so lucky to have you!

Also, I love the costumes--so glad the Tardis turned out so well. I had to giggle a bit, because we had the exact same Pikachu and Pokeball pumpkins! Great kids' minds think alike. :)

Tracey McNeely said...

Fantastic costumes Leigh! Super creative. Your pumpkins rock. Congrats on the Bazzil gig, you will be awesome!

Betty Wright said...

WOW! Totally love the costumes! I am going to have to show my son this post! He LOVES Dr. WHO!

Congrats on the new design gig! Can't wait to see what you create!

Toni said...

Your costumes are so fab!

~amy~ said...

Fun costumes!

Congrats on the new team...that's awesome!!!

Jill Norwood said...

Wonderful Halloween costumes and pictures! So fun! And congrats on the New design team! :) Jill

Joyce said...

Congratulations!! I love Bazzil papers--they are the best. And, happy Halloween.

Megan Carroll said...

Fabulous costume! And congrats to you on yet more DT success!!!

Kathy Mc said...

Great costumes, Leigh! And, a big CONGRATS to you on your new assignment!

sableturquoise said...

exta family !!! bravo !

Suzanne said...

Gorgeous photos, Leigh! And HUGE congrats on the big news! So happy for you! xo

Nathalie said...

First of all you guys are all so cute in your costumes and man do I love your Tardis!!! It is awesome!!! Did you know that there is only one in London and we took photos of ourselves next to it last summer? :) Secondly, huge congrats for making the Bazzill DT! I think it is a great fit for you and know that you will do awesome for them :)

Michelle Price said...

Congrats!

Michelle said...

Wow! This post is so full of awesome stuff, Leigh! Congrats on the new DT! Those pumpkins are amazing - I especially love the fox. :-) Your Dr Who outfits are heaps of fun. I'd forgotten about K-9 (I last watched Dr Who in the early 80s, I think). Your Tardis costume is so very creative!