Saturday, July 21, 2012

Conservation challenge


Well, the good news is I picked up my PTI goodies this morning, so I was able to assemble my stamp sets and create some projects using them.

The bad news is that my friend, Susan, wasn't feeling well, so she never came over to stamp with me.

I spent the afternoon, after putting away my stamps & dies, working on two challenges. I decided to tackle the conservation challenge and earned my badge...


... by making a card using only the following supplies:

STAMPS: Natural Beauties only (we were allowed to substitute, if needed, so I used my new The Sweet Life set-- which, by the way, is fabulous!)
PAPER: Stamper's Select White, Hawaiian Shores, Aqua Mist, Simply Chartreuse
RIBBON: Hawaiian Shores Bitty Dot (I didn't have any of this, so I substituted some ribbon from my stash)
BUTTONS: Simply Chartreuse
We were also allowed to use dies, so I used my The Sweet Life dies, as well as my Simple Stripes impression plate.




I used PTI cardstock (stamper's select white, aqua mist), stamps (the sweet life), button, twine, impression plate (simple stripes) and dies (the sweet life).

I'm not sure if it works to link this project for the ribbon challenge, too, because I used Dawn's bow tying technique on this card (this time completely on my own, with no help from Sage!)

The other project that I worked on was the mini-book challenge.... which took me forever! I finally finished it this evening, but it's too dark to take photos, so I'll post it tomorrow.

Thanks for looking!

8 comments:

Jen Adcock said...

Just gorgeous! Leigh, looks like you didn't have a jot of trouble lining up those beautiful roses. The colours as combined are so divine. Amazing card from an amazing crafter.

Danielle Flanders said...

Stunning! Love this card!
Danielle

Cassie_lu said...

beautiful card and I really like how the flowers look against the embossed striped background

Ashley Cannon Newell said...

Fabulous use of the color choices, Leigh! These flowers look amazing combined with the embossing striped background. Stunning design! :)

Kara said...

Beautiful, Leigh!

Stampin in the suburbs said...

Leigh,
In my opinion, this is the loveliest card shown anywhere for this limited supply challenge. I like your card better than the design team's cards (shhhhh don't tell them though.) Really, really nice. I'm so glad I put 'sweet life' in my cart Saturday. Can't wait to play with it and I'll be using your card as inspiration.

The Paper Parade said...

Wow! What beauty you can make with such limited supplies! Totally gorgeous, Leigh :)

Anonymous said...

Such a pretty card, Leigh!