Wednesday, July 04, 2012

The rides at C&A

I was going through my box of photos the other day and found these pictures of my kids enjoying the rides at the Corn & Apple Festival last summer. So I decided to scrapbook them, using this week's Make It Monday at Papertrey Ink: Stamping on Patterned Paper, as well as for Lesson #7 of the Scrapbook Stamper's Workshop at Two Peas in a Bucket, which challenges us to use a frame stamp for our title (well, now that I just double checked it, apparently I was suppose to heat embossed the stamped frame and cut out the middle, but let's just say I did my own take on the challenge.)  ;)


I used American Crafts cardstock (12x12), Basic Grey chipboard letters and Lily Bee (greens & purple polka dot), My Mind's eye (blue and teal chevron), American Crafts orange) and Crate (both herringbones) patterned paper. I also used PTI cardstock (stamper's select white), stamps (happy day, movers and shakers sentiments), buttons, twine and dies (tag sale #5, happy day).

I stamped the "awesome, wonderful, extraordinary, etc." stamp on the one of the banners in PTI soft stone ink. It's a little hard to tell in the photo, but it's a nice soft effect.


I also had another card to share, but the photo I took didn't turn out. I'd retake it, but we're having a crazy dark thunderstorm this morning (more crafting weather!), so I'll try again when the sun comes out.

Thanks for looking!

5 comments:

Jacquie Southas said...

love the design of your page - I might just borrow it if I ever get back to scrapbooking - great mix of papers & the stamp you used is one of my favorites

Kara said...

great page! love those layered banners hanging down!

Deb said...

Love those banners and the subtle stamping! I love Soft Stone for that reason. Fabulous LO!

Elena said...

love the stamping you did on the banner - it's so subtle and perfect.

craftmates said...

Great layout! Love the layered banners.-Irma