Monday, July 02, 2012

Fabulous challenges

The Make it Mondays at Papertrey Ink lately are really right up my alley. Last week, Dawn challenged us to do make our own embellishments and now today, Ashley's posted her challenge for this week's Make It Monday at Papertrey Ink: Stamping on Patterned Paper. Sweet!

I had this layout sitting on my desk for a week or so now, just waiting for some computer journaling... and something else, but I wasn't sure what. After watching the MIM #73 video, it hit me... it needed a little stamping on the patterned paper! So I used Susan's Harvest Berries set to add some leaves... what a great finishing touch!


I created a collage in Picasa3 with my photos on the left hand side and had it printed out as an 8x12. The photos of the tigers is an 8x10.

I used Crate Paper patterned paper, American Crafts cardstock (12x12) and Papertrey Ink cardstock (stamper's select white), stamps (Harvest Berries, On the Farm) and dies (uppercase block alphabet, half & half).

I lined up my alphabet dies to cut out my title and used the negative strip that was created.


Here's a close-up of my stamped image on the woodgrain patterned paper and my journaling tab that I made with the half & half die....


Which pulls out to reveal the journaling...


And while I had the Harvest Berries stamp out, I decided to make a card with it, as well.


I used another one of the Verve stamped mat stack 1 diecuts that Luanne sent me, as well as Crate Paper & Echo Park patterned paper, and Papertrey Ink cardstock (stamper's select white), buttons (aqua mist, orange zest), button twine (rustic white), stamps (Harvest Berries) and dies (limitless layers ovals 3.5").


Thanks for looking!

18 comments:

Luanne said...

Leigh, it looks wonderful! I love how you off set it a little. I can see why you're getting published, just fabulous!

Alex said...

These are beautiful colors together, I love that sentiment! Thanks for sharing!

Marybeth said...

Beautiful !

Jacquie Southas said...

love the soft sweetness you created with the color of papers & ink on the card

Elena said...

so pretty - love the card, especially... the softness of it...

craftmates said...

Love both the card and layout. Harvest berries is a lovely set. Might jump into my cart next month. Your work is an inspiration.-Irma

Rema DeLeeuw said...

Awesome projects Leigh! Great job....

Sabrina said...

The stamp certainly did add a beautiful touch to your layout. I love making hidden pull out journaling tags ofr a LO, and yours is great!

Kristin said...

I am such a sucker for zoo layouts! :) great job!

Unknown said...

I love the layout and the card. That Harvest Berries set always makes me happy when I stamp with it. It's one of my favorites -- for scrapbooks and cards. :)

Tracy said...

great layout and lovely card - i really like those harvest berries on the woodgrain paper - it's a bold enough image not to get lost in the pattern of the paper and the color adds to the richness of the whole thing. its there but not overwhelming yet it would be missed if not there at all. oh and such a cute little tab using the half&half die - gotta remember that one!

Kim Heggins said...

Love your zoo pages...just to cute. My summer school class is going to the zoo next week, you have given me some great ideas. Your card is so beautiful and elegant and I love how you used the harvest berries stamps too and so much wonderful detail.

Jill Norwood said...

Leigh, I love your zoo scrapbook pages! Love how you incorporated the stamping - it is the perfect finishing touch. And the card is just lovely! I hope to play along this week...:)

Cindy H. said...

Lovely card! Beautiful design and the soft colors are so pretty. Love those beautiful pictures of the zoo, too.

Linda said...

Lovely card Leigh. So pretty.

Mynn xx said...

Fabulous layout and amazing card! SO pretty--love the bit of floral paper! :)

Anonymous said...

Wonderful card. The design lets your eye flow over the entire image.

LEG Studios said...

Beautiful card! I love the punch of color in your buttons and oval mat.