Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Roll the Dice Challenge: attempts #3 & #4


I had so much fun with my first attempt at this week's  Make It Monday at Papertrey Ink: Roll the Dice Challenge that I just had to try again. (I think it's a good thing I don't gamble-- I'd lose our house, I know it!) 


I used the same chart that I'd made yesterday:

(You can click on it to make it larger.)

And here's what I got this time:


This sketch had me a little stumped, but I decided to rotate it clockwise and use the hexagon stamps from Rosie Posie to build my background:


I used PTI cardstock (rustic white, berry sorbet, raspberry fizz, spring moss), stamps (rosie posie, movers and shakers sentiments) and dies (rosie posie, half & half). The decorative brad is My Mind's Eye-- I was super pleased with how well it coordinated!


And, again, I decided to make a layout with the same combination of elements:


In addition to the same supplies listed above, I used some My Mind's Eye patterned paper & some PTI dies (beautiful butterflies, half & half, lovely layers).

For my Rosie Posie stamps, I chose the two daisy-like flower stamps-- I don't think I've used these before at all. I stamped it with Berry Sorbet ink on Berry Sorbet cardstock and trimmed it out by hand. Then I added some diecut rosie posie leaves and that great brad.


For the butterfly, I diecut it from a scrap of berry sorbet cardstock where I'd stamped the same flower as above. For the tiny flower beside my sentiment, I used the tiny daisy flower stamp and then diecut it out with the tiniest die from Lovely Layers.


When I finished the layout, I had Sage roll the dice for me to play again. It's addicting I tell you! We went to a Tupperware party tonight, though, so I haven't had time to start on my next card.... but I'm sure I'll fall asleep tonight planning it out in my head. ;)

Thanks for looking!

5 comments:

craftmates said...

Beautiful card and layout! Love those hexies from Rosie posie. -Irma

Luanne said...

These are beautiful Leigh! I'm SO buying Rosie Posie on Saturday. It's been on my wish list for a long time...

Jill Norwood said...

Gorgeous Leigh! I hope to make time to try this challenge too!

Kara said...

Great job again!! i think this looks like one of the more difficult sketches to work with. You made it look easy!!

mn36 said...

WONDERFUL PROJECTS.