Sunday, July 08, 2012

Some photos from 2010

I really need to organize my photo box that contains all of my photos that are waiting to be scrapbooked. Now they don't all make it onto layouts, but a good majority of them do. However, my photo box needs to be organized, because when I was looking through it, I found some photos from 2010 that hadn't been scrapped yet.

It's funny because often photos don't get scrapped right away because of the colours in the photos, the photos might just be poor or just uninspiring to me. But after a year and a half, I found these photos to be quite appealing.

(By the way, I used this week's Make It Monday at Papertrey Ink: stamping on patterned paper on both of these layouts.)


For this first layout, I was pleased to see the photos of our friends who moved to Ontario last fall. It made me really want to include them in our scrapbooks, as we really enjoyed having them in our lives!


I used my Mind's Eye, Crate Paper and  Lily Bee patterned paper, as well as PTI patterned paper (Dearest Jane), stamps (love & marriage, fall elegance) and twine.

Here's a close up of my tree stamped on the text patterned paper, and the journaling:


And I also found the photos of Sage & Jonah's first taekwondo test. Look how young Sage looks in this photo!


I used Lily Bee patterned paper as well as PTI stamps (boy basics: game on) and die(tag sale #5).

I decided to computer generate my titles and journaling on these two layouts, something I haven't done in a while...


... and here's a close up of my stamping on patterned paper:


Thanks for looking!

2 comments:

glorygirl said...

Great layouts, Leigh! I love how you've included so much journaling on both! It's a good reminder to me to keep recording the stories, too!

Greg Drummond said...

Hey that me and my family on Cordell's 1st Halloween!