Our church ran a Vacation Bible School (VBS) this week. It was called Sky and it was fabulous! Great songs, activities, Bible stories and lessons! It was every morning from 9am to noon. The theme was "No Matter What... Trust God!"
Jonah and Sage participated and both really enjoyed it. Here's a photo of Jonah in large group reading the day's verse.
Austin was a junior helper... he ran the computer for large group & helped with the Wild Blue Bible Adventures station.
I was the leader of the Movies and Missions station, where kids made cards and bracelets for me to bring to the Congo in October. We also raised over $486 to buy mosquito nets. It was a really fabulous time!
2. We wanted to thank Nichole, our VBS director, with some flowers and a Tim's card, so I offered to make a thank you card for all the leaders to sign. As we were standing in large group, singing, I was looking at the background with the clouds and such and thought: "Hey, I have a hot air balloon stamp!" After that realization, this card came together fairly quickly!
I used PTI cardstock (stamper's select white, aqua mist), stamps (tremendous treats: birthday, think big favourites #5 (which I stamped in white and heat embossed)) and dies (clouds). I stamped the balloon on some Crate Paper patterned paper and cut it out by hand. For the clouds, I diecut them with some Sissix adhesive sheets on the front and then when I peeled off the backing, I poured on some Martha Stewart glitter to make them sparkly.
3. Jonah and Sage had their second week of swimming lessons, so every day around 3:30, we headed to the beach. On Friday, they both passed their level 4.
Yesterday, we packed a picnic supper to take along, so the kids could hang out at the beach as long as they wanted. (We did this on Monday, too--- they love doing this!) I took a bunch of photos.... here were two of my favourites:
4. We've been working hard on our yard this week... We've removed bushes and trees along the one side of our yard and Cameron built a platform deck. We just stained it tonight and I ordered a patio set from Home Depot, which will hopefully be delivered this week!
5. We took the kids to see the Avengers movie last night at the drive-in. So. Much. Fun. And lots of eye-candy, too. ;)
6. I made another outfit for Sage's doll this week. This one is a pretty plaid with a gathered skirt. I used some ribbon for the straps and trim...
... as well as for her matching sandals.
I hope you're having a great weekend!
Thanks for looking!