1. Well, we've survived our first week of summer with no casualities... yay, us! LOL!
We've actually been quite busy this week... I set a goal to take a photo a day for the summer with the plans of creating a two page layout each week, kind of like Project Life, but my style. Here are a few of my favourite shots...
Sage holding a bunny at the petting zoo at the Canada Day Carnival in Winkler on Sunday afternoon.
A great beach shot of Jonah & Sage on their first day of swimming lessons.
We spent three afternoons at our church helping to set up for our VBS next week. The kids had some fun goofing around with on of the props.
Another beach shot before swimming lessons.
This morning, we joined some friends strawberry picking.... in the rain! The picking was so incredibly slow that we only ended up with one pail. Oh well, there's always another day...
2. I received my issue of Stamp It! Cards in the mail this week, that features two of my cards.
Here's one of my cards from the issue:
It's on page 81, in the same spread as a card made by Betsy Veldman. (♥ her!)
3. I made another layout for this week's Make It Monday at Papertrey Ink: Stamping on Patterned Paper. I'd actually created a different layout with these photos, but wasn't happy with it, so I started again. It's still not my favourite layout..... too many colours to try to incorporate it, but I'm calling it done.
I used Bazzill cardstock (dark grey), Crate, AC, Pink Paislee, Lily Bee and Studio Calico patterned paper and Papertrey Ink stamps (simply you, label basics) and dies (hello sunshine). I used Quickutz Cotton Candy dies for my title.
Here's a close-up of my journaling:
And a close up of my sunburst, on which I stamped some sentiments from Simply You.
4. I also made a couple more cards for this week's Make It Monday at Papertrey Ink: Stamping on Patterned Paper. This first one features a panel that I created orginally for the layout above:
I used Papertrey Ink cardstock (spring moss), stamps (lace bouquet, Beautiful Butterflies, label basics), buttons, twine and dies (angled label basics, heart border).
5. I bought PTI's Road Trip stamp set second hand and it arrived in the mail yesterday. I'd just gotten home from a VBS meeting in the evening & there it was waiting for me on the dining room table! So I grabbed it, headed downstairs and created this card:
I used Papertrey Ink cardstock (aqua mist) & stamps (road trip), Crate Paper patterned paper and some baker's twine from my LSS.
Well, I think that's it for me.... we're off the beach again for swimming lessons. I know, it's a rough life! ;)
Thanks for looking!