Sunday, December 13, 2015

Christmas Gathering #1

We had our Christmas gathering with Cameron's family yesterday.
It finally snowed on Thursday and we had enough snow to go sledding.


While I didn't sled (I needed to keep an eye on the meal!), 
I did go along for a little bit so I could take some photos...


Sage got off to a good start...


.... but got a little turned around on the way down!


Jonah did better (he's in brown on the red sled)...


It was so gorgeous, overlooking the golf course, with the frost on the trees! 
It looked like a black and white photo.

After sledding, everyone came to our house, where we did our secret santa exchange.

I had my great-niece, Gloria, and bought her a "first Christmas book", 
which tells the story of how Jesus was born on the first Christmas
and it rhymed, which was even more fun!

Here's how I wrapped it:



I chose some fun snowman wrapping paper and wanted to make a tag to go along,
but since the paper was so busy, I didn't want it to be too busy as well.

I decided to use my Reverse Confetti goodies to make it...


I started by diecutting some kraft cardstock with the large tag from Tag Me Confetti Cuts
and stamped the sentiment from With Love in chocolate brown.
I thought this sentiment was so perfect for a secret santa exchange!

Then, I ran it through my diecutting machine with my Let It Snow Confetti Cuts
and my embossing mats to impress the snowflakes into my tag. 
I love the texture and detail this adds!

And here's a picture of Gloria opening her gift...


She's such a cutie!


  


I'm linking up my tag to the

Thanks for looking!


8 comments:

Megan Carroll said...

Sounds fun! Love your gift wrapping!

Lisa Elton said...

Looks like a wonderful day!! Little Gloria is a cutie pie. Sounds like a great book for her, great tag too!

I Card Everyone said...

OH Leigh... looks like a perfect day, and what a perfect gift!
=]

Celeste Goff said...

Looks like a lot of wintery fun with the family Leigh! Love your gorgeous wrapping and tag!

alexandra s.m. said...

What a sweet post Leigh!
Love the tag and enjoyed seeing your pictures.
I cannot believe how much snow you have already!
Here in Chicago it's been crazy mild!

Audrey Pettit said...

Omgoodness, that snowy scene is just soooo beautiful! Looks like everyone had such a great time! We don't have any good hills near where I live, so on the off chance that we do get enough snow for sledding, we struggle to find a good spot. Last year, Nik and I searched for a proper sledding hill, but failed.... we tried my driveway, we tried a path through the park.... but just kept crashing into trees. It was pretty funny. :D
Your snowflake-impressed gift tag is adorable! What a fun idea!

Teresa Kline said...

awesome photos, sure would like to see a little snow for christmas, but it is in the 50's and 60's here in Virginia. sweet prezies and tags! I am so glad you played along with us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

sparkle & shine, kindness *~*

cm said...

What a fabulous series of photos capturing the fun and frolic of your wintry wonderland festivities! We didn't have a chance to go sledding in Edmonton (bitterly cold and soooo icy), but hopefully, we'll be able to do so on a future visit. Your book for Gloria: wonderful! A keepsake to be treasured; won't it be fun when she learns to read it on her own! Your wrapping is so pretty and Gloria herself...oh my! What a doll!
hugs~c