Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Some Snow Globe Tags

Well, I'm well on my way to being ready for Christmas.
I finished up my tags today (yay!) 
and just need to make some ornaments/place settings for our Christmas supper.

I want to share three tags that I made this morning for my kids' gifts.
I found some fun kraft/red/black wrapping paper this year, with woodland
critters on it, so I decided to go with that theme for my tags.


For all three, I used my PTI Shaker Shapes: Snow Globe dies.
I also used some paper from the PTI Petite Places paper pack for my backgrounds.
I stamped the "name plate" on each one using the Snow Globe Sentiments stamp set.


For Austin's, I stamped the fox from PTI's Hey Foxy onto the background paper
and onto a piece of white cardstock.
I coloured him in using some kraft ink pressed onto an acrylic block,
some water and a paintbrush.
I paper-pieced the hat from Pretty Pink Posh's Holiday Pals stamp set.


For Jonah's, I used the same paper-piece technique using the PPP Winter Pals stamp set.
I love his sweet ear muffs that don't cover his ears! Too cute!


And for Sage's, I did the same paper-piece/colouring in with kraft ink techniques
using Lawn Fawn's Winter Owl stamp set.
The scarf is paper-pieced with pure poppy cardstock.

I'm linking all three of these tags up to Simon Says Stamp's Monday Challenge: Winter Wonderland.

Thanks for looking!

6 comments:

Kathy said...

Leigh, all three tags are so very cute, and I'm sure the kids will love them on top of the wrapped presents. (Would love to see that paper!)
May your family have a wonderful Christmas celebration. Blessings to you all. 🕊

Lisa Elton said...

I need to finish up a few tags, thanks for the darling inspiration!! Wishing you and your family a very Merry Christmas!!

Diane Jaquay said...

These are SUPER adorable, Leigh!!

cm said...

A trio of charm, Leigh! The little woodland critters in their wintry scenes are incredibly cute!
Hugs~c

Andrea Ockey Parr said...

What absolutely charming tags you've created! I love how you've combined snow globes with a woodland vibe. Each of these critters are so unique and festive in their own way. I like how the red base gives them that pop of holiday color, too. Excellent work and I'm so glad you shared your talents with us for this week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Hope your Christmas was delightful and that 2016 brings you all good things!

Svitlana Shayevich said...

Absolutely adorable!!!