Wednesday, December 09, 2015

Make It Monday #234

So, today I have a tag to share.
I made it to accompany the butter crunch that we'll be giving to
our taekwondo instructor tonight.
Normally, I'd give it to him closer to Christmas,
but this is the last class we'll be attending in December.
Our month is so full!
We have Jonah's band/choir concert tomorrow evening, Sage's voice recital on Monday,
Sage's Grade 5/6 concert/play on Wednesday and
on Thursday, we got tickets to see the new Star Wars movie.
All fun things, for sure, but busy...

Anyway, so for my tag, I was inspired by this week's Make It Monday at Papertrey Ink:
Embellishing with Felt to add some felt to my tag.

Our taekwondo instructor hunts, so I thought he might appreciate a felt deer on his tag. ;)


I diecut my tag using my Journaling Card Tag and diecut the deer
(a Maggie Holmes/Crate Paper die) from some dark chocolate felt.



I diecut the banner, holly and berries from Tinsel & Tags and stamped
them with their coordinating stamps.

Thanks for looking!

22 comments:

Kristie Goulet said...

Perfect! Love the felt deer!

Marcia Hill said...

Perfect guy tag Leigh...I'm sure the instructor will love it along with the treat too! Enjoy all the fun activities with the kids...I miss those days!

Helen F. said...

Wonderful tag, Leigh. That chocolate brown felt is so perfect fro the deer head!

alexandra s.m. said...

Gorgeous tag Leigh! and genius idea to use felt for this project ;)

Jeni Jenne said...

I love it! Felt deer is perfect!

lainey said...

Leigh, this is a perfect "guy" tag. Just enough and not overdone...you know how we have to control our embellishments for the guys! lol

Megan Carroll said...

Super cute! Enjoy all your holiday festivities!

Keri said...

Gorgeous! :)

Lisa Elton said...

Wonderful tag Leigh!

Rema DeLeeuw said...

Lovely tag Leigh!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Fantastic tag Leigh! Love the touch of felt! Looks great with the deer die-cut! Perfect masculine project.

Michelle said...

Ooh! I love this felt stag! :-)

Happy Dance said...

Not only will your TKD instructor love the buttercrunch, he'll definitely like the tag that accompanies it! Brilliant idea to use the felt. Love this!! Lucky you -- Star Wars.... Wish I were going too! Enjoy your busy season! Bev

Audrey Pettit said...

Beautiful tag, Leigh! I love the deer die cut from felt! And the bright banner and holly looks so festive and fun. Everything really pops against the crisp white base. Awesome!
Sounds like you have a very busy, but happy, month ahead! Lots of great memories in the making!

cm said...

You've made *the* perfect guy tag with this felt deer! This, added to the butter crunch, will make for one ultra happy, ultra appreciative TKD instructor! Awesome!
hugs~c

Teresa said...

That deer looks really cool in felt. He will love it

Manuela said...

very pretty tag!

Joyce said...

Fantastic tag.

Diana K said...

Loving this tag, Leigh. Clean and crisp, yet merry, of course :) I shouldn't visit your blog because I always seem to leave needing something that you used (i.e., the stag).

Nancy Penir said...

Leigh, I love that deer head die! Know so many hunters in the family that it would work for. Thanks for the inspiration! Beautiful! Or should I say, 'handsome'!

Kathy Mc said...

Perfect masculine tag, Leigh, even for non-hunters!

Svitlana Shayevich said...

Wow! It's fantastic! Love that felt die cut, looks gorgeous!