Thursday, March 24, 2016

CAS(E) This Sketch #165

Today, I have a card to share that I made for
 CAS(E) This Sketch #165 designed by Sam Simpson:


 
I decided to combine my PTI Brushed Off stamp set
with my new PTI Anniversary Set -- Painted Petals and my Colour Pop MIM mini kit.
 
 
I stamped the Brushed Off repeatedly along the top of my card in Harvest Gold,
Orange Zest, Raspberry Fizz (all PTI) and Frosted Pink (Altenew).
Then, I stamped the sentiment (from PTI's Painted Petals) in versafine onyx black
and in versamark on a strip of black cardstock, which I heat embossed in white.

 
I diecut the MIM Colour Pop dies from sweet blush and simply chartreuse cardstock
and then stamped them in raspberry fizz and ripe avocado inks.

Visit CAS(E) this Sketch to see the rest of the DT's takes on the sketch 
and to play along, if you'd like.
You have until Thursday, March 3lst to link up your card.

Thanks for looking!

21 comments:

Amy Rohl said...

Just lovely, Leigh!

Tracy Freeman said...

ooo this is lovely, the colours are great and i love the brush stamp x

Karen B. said...

Such a cool design!

donna mikasa said...

So pretty, Leigh! Love those brush strokes--what a cool take on the sketch!

Joyce said...

Such a beautiful card, Leigh. I was just thinking of Brushed Off while I was at the gym, trying to see how I might be able to use it for a challenge I'm working on.

Lindsey said...

I'm quite certain I have loved every single card you have made with the brushed off set....including this one!

Tracey McNeely said...

Leigh those brush strokes are fabulous. Love this cheery card!

I Card Everyone said...

Big time smiles here!
=]

Lori said...

That came out very cute!

Lisa Elton said...

Those brush strokes are so cool, this is fantastic Leigh!

Ruth said...

Gorgeous - perfect choice of colours and it really fits the sketch so well. Xx

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

This is so so pretty!!!!

Luanne said...

You always inspire me to pull out stamps I haven't used for a while! (Or that I need to buy!!) What a pretty card!

Happy Dance said...

Love this! What a brilliant idea to use those brushstrokes for your 'strip.' Really pretty colors, too. Fantastic card! Bev

Angela Walters said...

I love how you embossed part of the sentiment on the black card stock which filled up the whole little space in the word "Sending." (I hope that makes sense!!)

Celeste Goff said...

Just gorgeous Leigh!

Audrey Pettit said...

This is awesome! I love the colors and the pop of black, and those brushstrokes are just soooo cool! I adore your design with the balance of elements at the top, too! It's really unique and super eye catching!

Jen Mitchell said...

I loved this as soon as I saw it! I love the rainbow of colors of your brushstroke images and the sentiment is fabulous. That PTI anniversary set is on my wishlist but I don't have anywhere near enough points to get it. I'll just have to admire it from afar!

Fiona said...

I love this card - it makes me think of Sherbet - the colours are so vivid. Love that brushstroke image too.

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

How creative Leigh - I just love the use of the brushed off blocks of colour behind your sentiment. Gorgeous!

Michelle said...

Love this design and look! So fresh and springy!