Sunday, March 20, 2016

PTI's Create Along With Us & Muse Challenge #157

I have a few cards to share today.
The first two are ones that I made for PTI's Create Along With Us: March 2016.
I was inspired by this fabulous card by the amazing Amy Sheffer:


Isn't it gorgeous and so creative?
I just love it!
Here's my CASE:


I decided to use my One Big Happy stamp set and dies to decorate my cake,
as well as my Songbird leaf die and Heart Border die.


The sentiment is from PTI's Spring Woods stamp set
and the hearts at the top are from Reverse Confetti's Stamped Note Confetti Cuts.

I decided to make two cards at the same time, but with the cake
on the opposite side.


I also have a card to share for this week's Muse Card Club Challenge #157
where we are being inspired by this card by Anita Bowden:


I love her gorgeous card!
Here's my take on it:


I started by stamping my white panel with my new Mama Elephant Freestyle Flowers
in versamark and heat embossed the in white.
I added some aqua mist, hawaiian shores and tropical teal inks with my blending tool.


I stamped my sentiment (from PTI's KIS:Sympathy) in versa mark
and heat embossed it on a strip of black cardstock.

Thanks for looking!

25 comments:

!neke said...

Leigh , awesome cards !!!!!
Great that decorated cake !

Ineke X

Karen B. said...

Ooh what a fabulous post! Who wouldn't love a pretty cake like you've showcased on your first two. Your third card is so calming and beautiful.

victoria h said...

Wonderful cards- great idea to make 2 wedding cake cards.

merryf said...

These are all beautiful! I'm especially grateful for your sympathy card inspiration as I unfortunately need to make some today. This is calm and elegant!

Birgit said...

Oh Leigh, this is gorgeous! I used the same inspiration, but yours came out waaaayyyyy better than mine. Love it!!

Joyously Noelle said...

You captured that bright and happy cake - they are beautiful!

Kathy Mc said...

Great wedding cake cards based off Amy's beauty, Leigh! Your last card is perfect as a sympathy card, and those are quite challenging to make.

Cindy C. said...

All so pretty! The wedding card is extra bright and happy, perfect for the occasion!

Tenia Nelson said...

Love both of your awesome cards!! :)

Miriam Prantner said...

Really like the combination of dies on the first card and the simplicity of the second.

paperkicks said...

Both cards are awesome!

Patti said...

I never get enough of your delicious creations!! BEAUTIFUL!! cake cards!! and such a sweet take on Anita's card - I would like to try that technique!

Patti

Diane Jaquay said...

WOW, those wedding cakes are fabulous, Leigh!

Ardyth said...

Love the pretty 'cakes' and the bold black on the Muse card - so glad you joined us this week, Leigh!

Celeste Goff said...

What amazing cards Leigh!

I Card Everyone said...

Leigh I love the cakes, but your Muse card is so beautiful and simply done!
=]

Marcia Hill said...

Beautiful, beautiful cards Leigh! At first I thought you had already gotten your PTI order to make your first card, as it looks so like Amy's! What a wonderful job re-creating it...just lovely! Like how you made one starting on the other side of the card too!! And your sympathy card is absolutely stunning...a real CAS beauty!!

Betty Wright said...

Beautiful cards, Leigh! Love your take on the inspiration! Fabulously done!

Lisa Elton said...

Fabulous cards Leigh! Your sympathy card is stunning!

Nora Noll said...

Wow!! That wedding card is just stunning!! I love the shading on the sympathy card too!!

Cecilia Hsieh said...

Awesome cards! I love the embossing and the shading on the sympathy card!

Megan Carroll said...

Your card is so pretty, love the bright colors!

Neets B said...

Your wedding cards are fabulous, so full of cheer for the occasion. And your take on my muse card is just beautiful, my absolute favourite shades of aqua and teal. Such a classy make.
Thanks so much for playing along at Muse this week, Anita x

Audrey Pettit said...

Love all your cards! SO beautiful!

Cindy Groh said...

What a fabulous sympathy card. Those are also tough for me.