Friday, March 18, 2016

Reverse Confetti March Spring Fling Blog Hop

Hey there, 'Fetti Friends!
I'm super excited to be sharing my project today as part of the
Reverse Confetti Spring Fling Blog Hop!
 
 
Now, some of you might remember the sweet little felt owl and fox
that I made in December as Christmas ornaments using my Reverse Confetti dies...
Well, with Easter approaching, I thought it would be fun to make some felt
bunnies for my Sunday School girls.
But this time, instead of ornaments, I made them into treat bags!
 
 
Aren't they sweet?
I'm super excited with how they turned out and can't wait to share them with my Sunday School girls!
 
Here are some close-ups and some explanations on how I made them.

 
For each bunnies' body, I started by diecutting one of the Tagged Tote Confetti Cuts, twice from felt.
Then, I diecut four ovals pieces using the handle of the Sweet Treat Tent Confetti Cuts.
With my sewing machine, I stitched the two body parts together, leaving it open where the head is.
I stitched the ears to the head and the arms to the body.
For the eyes, I diecut two of the smallest circles from Layered Snowflake Confetti Cuts
from smokey shadow felt.
For the nose, I diecut the tiny little flower sequins from Shakers 'n Frames Confetti Cuts
from sweet blush felt and then just cut off two of the petals with my scissors.
For the insides of the ears, I diecut the long petal shape from the Flowers for Mom Confetti Cuts.
To attach these parts to the bunny, I used fabric glue.
 
I filled the bunny's belly with Cadbury Mini Eggs wrapped in saran wrap.
Then, I tied a ribbon around its neck to seal in the candies, and to give the bunnies
a little more definition to their shape.
 
For four of the bunnies, I decided to add some felt carrots.

 
These I created by diecutting the triangle from Branch Out Confetti Cuts from orange
felt and then trimming off the top with scissors to it wouldn't be as long.
For the greenery, I used the Tassel Confetti Cut.
I sewed these together with my sewing machine.


I used more fabric glue to attach the carrots to the bunny's fronts and paws.

 
For a little variety, I decided to add some bows to the other bunnies' heads.

 
I diecut the bow from Tagged Tote Confetti Cuts from felt and stitched
it in place with a coordinating button.


 
And, as a finishing touch...

 
I hot glued a pompom to the backside of each bunny.
I did this mainly for cuteness, but was pleasantly surprised to learn
that it helps them to stand. :)
 
 
 
    
 
 
 
 
Here's the complete list of everyone participating in today's hop:

Reverse Confetti blog
Susan Liles
Fetti Friend--Nina-Marie Trapani 
Heather Pulvirenti
Kay Miller
Leigh Penner -- me!

Thanks for looking!

53 comments:

Karen said...

Leigh, these are absolutely adorable!

Lisa H. said...

no way!!! these are adorable and fabulous. I love the colors and all the sweet sewing details.

~amy~ said...

Oh my...soooo CUTE!

Unknown said...

Absolutely ADORBS! OMGoodness....cute as cute can be!

Betty said...

those are just the cutest ever - adorable!

Amy Rohl said...

I can't even. So adorable and crazy creative, Leigh!!

Kay Miller said...

Oh you have done it again! You are so clever at coming up with cute ways to use RC dies with felt! These are amazing!!!

P Beatty said...

These are so cute!!!!

Deepa M. said...

Oh my word - cuteness overload!! What a great out-of-the-box idea for the dies. The bunnies turned out darling!

Ericka Strange said...

Adorable and I love the bow you added to the ears and the carrots.

Iris Esther López said...

This is such a sweet project. Those bunnies are adorable. I'm sure your Sunday School girls are going to love them.

Miriam Prantner said...

These are totally adorable! What a fun project!

Arianna Barbara said...

Wow! Simply adorable!!!

Agata said...

These are totally cute, you have chosen beautiful colours!

Pam Young said...

You are beyond creative!! Love, love, love your adorable creations!!

Denise Bryant said...

Absolutely cute as can be! So sweet made with felt!

Nora Noll said...

Oh how FABULOUS!! I LOVE that you thought outside of the box and used all those dies to create these. WONDERFUL design!!

Oliev said...

Gorgeous treat bags!

Linda said...

Thank heavens I only have one grandchild. I might be able to get one of these done by Easter! So inspiring--just love them all.

cghundley said...

Oh these are charming
and so darn cute! I
need some of these,
please send some
my way!
Carla from Utah

Unknown said...

These are adorable! Where do you get your felt? I don't see these colors in the stores? Your felt looks thinner too.

Gerry said...

These are the cutest bunnies ever! I want to be in your Sunday school group. You amaze me. Happy Easter to you and your family.

Celeste Goff said...

Oh my gosh Leigh, these are just too precious!

Kim Faucher said...

So stinkin cute!!! You are very clever!!

Diane Jaquay said...

Leigh, these could not be any cuter, your Sunday School class will love them!!

donna mikasa said...

So cute and clever, Leigh! I thought you used a rabbit template! It's amazing how you used different dies to create these adorable treat bags!

Kathy said...

They really are sweet! Such pretty colors for these bunnies. Love how the carrots are made....Your SS class will enjoy these. :)

McStamper said...

Love your sweet bunnies.

Jen Carter said...

Oh my! Those are so adorable!! You are so creative!

Kate said...

These are so insanely darling!! And how clever you are to put them together!! The little girls will be delighted with their bunny blessings from you. It's the little things like this that are remembered and treasured.

Kate
Small Bits of Paper

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

Ahhh! These bunnies are the cutest! I especially love him in purple!

Lisa Elton said...

Oh my gosh, how sweet!! The girls are going to love these Leigh!

Linda Batson said...

How thoughtful of you. I'm sure the girls will love them. They are just too cute. Who could resist.

Von Marie said...

Oh my those are the cutest bunnies!! Your girls are gonna love them!!

Karen B. said...

Thses are too cute for words!

Leanne said...

These look so cute!

Shirley said...

Very adorable felt bunnies...love the design as well as all the colors. These bunnies will be well loved.

Mary-Anne V said...

Very sweet felt bunnies...your girls will love them.

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

What a fun creation. These little rabbits are way too sweet.

Karen K said...

What a sweet treat to get one of these in an Easter basket!

Rosemary said...

super cute and super clever!

Mary Holshouser said...

these are darling.
Now the recipient will have something to
keep as a memory of this Easter.
thanks for sharing a wonderful idea.

Sue D said...

These are adorable--love how you created these.

Kathy Mc said...

Leigh, your bunnies are so cute, and your attention to detail is fabulous. Wish I was in your Sunday School class!

Joyce said...

Oh, Leigh. These are too cute for words.

D.Ann C said...

What sweet little critters!

Angie McKee said...

These are just absolutely incredible! Sooooooo creative, darling, and whimsical! I'm truly in awe and really wish I'd paid more attention to sewing in Home Ec. Class! Lol! ;0)

None None said...

Wow, Leigh! These bunnies are super cute and adorable! I love the different details you added to the bunnies and the idea behind them. Your Sunday School class is going to love these!

CJPillow said...

These are too precious. I have accumulated quite a supply of card stock and decorative paper, and now your bunnies make me want felt, lots of felt in lots of colors. My hubby sends his thanks.

Lizzie T a/k/a Wifelady said...

OMG you have outdone yourself! These bunny treat bags are amazing! So cute and so creative!!!!

Unknown said...

These little guys are so cute!

Gail said...

Those bunnies are adorable!

Mom and wife. said...

Cute little bunnies. Elegent treats