Sunday, March 13, 2016

Muse Challenge #56

Today, I have a card to share for Muse Challenge #56,
which was to be inspired by this fabulous card by the wonderful Michele Ferguson:


I love how she stencilled the bottom of her card at an angle,
which inspired me to use my new PTI Colour Pop Florals mini kit to make my card.
(I actually took my kit, inks and blending tools to work one day last week
and stencilled three card fronts on one of my breaks
-- for those of you who don't know, I substitute teach at my local high
schools and often have a 65 minute "prep" once a day -- sometimes twice.
Since I was working so much this week, it was cutting into my crafting time,
so I decided to get crafty at work. ;)  )


I started by stencilling the large flowers in Hawaiian shores, the smaller flowers
in bright buttercup and the leaves in mint julep.
I added the coordinating stamps to my stencilling in tropical teal,
orange zest and new leaf.
I diecut the happy (from PTI's Wet Paint Cuts) from my panel
and then twice from a coaster, stacked them together and added them back to my card.



I stamped my sentiment (from PTI's Wet Paint) in versamark and
heat embossed it in white on a strip of black cardstock.

Thanks for looking!

19 comments:

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

Fabulous take on Michele's card, the colours you used are so pretty Ashleigh. Hope you're having a lovely weekend!

Love and hugs
Maarit

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

I'm so sorry Leigh, I do know your name and wrote another, I believe I need a cup of coffee to wake up :)

Love
Maarit

Karen B. said...

Yay for multi tasking. Your card is beautiful. The angle really adds so much.

~amy~ said...

Super pretty!

Keep It Sweet and Simple said...

So pretty - really love that spring colour combo.
xx

!neke said...

Leigh , this is a great lift of the card !

Ineke X

Lisa Elton said...

Beautifully done Leigh, this is wonderful!!

Toni said...

I love your take on this. Very fresh!

Joyce said...

Gorgeous, Leigh. Love your stencilling.

Celeste Goff said...

What a gorgeous interpretation of the inspiration card!

karenb said...

Beautiful cards!!!

Jenni's Jems said...

Love this, the colours are so fresh and your happy pops out beautifully!x

I Card Everyone said...

Very pretty, Leigh! Lovely Spring-like addition to the Muse gallery!
=]

Amy Rohl said...

LOVE Michele's card and YOUR card, too! Such pretty colors!

Diane Jaquay said...

I love every little detail on this card, Leigh, it's outstanding!!

Aileen said...

Love how you have done this Leigh, just a touch of colour to the sentiment and the floral stamping just perfect.

Lori said...

So pretty! Love the spring-like colors you used here.

Anonymous said...

This is so sweet and I love how your 'happy' really pops from the card. Brilliant that you have been crafting at work! Cx

Greta said...

Oh so pretty, Leigh!