Wednesday, July 27, 2011

10 projects in 10 days-- Day 1

One of my new online friends, Louise Spiden, posted this idea on her blog: a challenge to herself to post 10 cards in 10 days on her blog. I'm "borrowing" her idea and tweaking it slightly to include scrapbooking layouts.

Here's my first one, that I created for the July inspiration challenge at My Scrap Shoppe, using this photo as inspiration:


And here's my layout:


I used American Crafts and Papertrey Ink cardstock, Cosmo Cricket patterned paper, AC thickers and my Quickutz Classic Alphabet dies.

Here's a closeup of the journaling:

Thanks for looking!

7 comments:

Mad for Paper said...

This is fantastic. i love the way you arranged your photos.
TFS
Ang

Gina said...

Great layout, Leigh! (and love the inspiration photo, too). I've made two cards today but I'm not thrilled with them so I'm not posting them. lol But hey, I got them done! Thanks for the compliment on Elizabeth's CASE of Audrey's card. She had so much fun doing it. I can see this girl being a stamper!!

Lou Spiden said...

wow Leigh awesome colors! After this challenge I think I will try and do 10 days/10 scrapbook layouts. I haven't done any pages in MONTHS!

Lou

stefani said...

Great page! Love the color combo. Good luck on the challenge.

Elena said...

love it! the colors really pop.

Sarah said...

Love the way you handled those fish photos -- the size is just perfect. And the colors are so fresh and unusual for an aquarium page! Love the whole effect.

Jen Adcock said...

Holy cow! This layout is outstanding! Seriously fab! I adore how seamlessly you incorporated the colors. Stellar job! Wow!