Saturday, July 09, 2011

I'm a Papertrey Princess!

Ever since I discovered the Papertrey Ink forum, I've been thinking about joining a blog group there. Well, this week, I noticed that the Papertrey Princesses had an opening, so I asked if I could join.

Here's my card for their latest challenge issued by Diane: create a card using just the outline of flowers.

At first, I didn't know what I was going to do, since I don't own any PTI flowers with an outline (oh! actually, as I typed this, I realized that the Flower Fusion set I have could have qualified! Oh well...) I remembered that when I'd gotten together with my friend, Susan, to stamp a couple of months ago, I'd played with her YOF: Roses set and I had stamped it three times on a piece of Aqua Mist cardstock, but had never made it into a card. So, I dug it out and used it to make this card:


I also made this card for this week's Papertry Ink's Make It Monday #22: Multi-colour stamping with ink refills.

I used PTI cardstock (Aqua Mist, Stamper's Select White), YOF: Roses, Tag Its #2, Postmarks & Botanical Silhouettes stamps sets, Tag Sale #3 die and twine. I also used a Hero Arts cling stamp & SU! patterned paper.

Thanks for looking!

3 comments:

cards by cara said...

This is gorgeous!

Diane said...

Oh, your card is beautiful! The white flowers on the aqua mist look stunning. Thanks for posting your lovely card and for being a Princess!

Ted said...

Gorgeous card, Leigh! Those colors are perfect. :)