Tuesday, July 12, 2011

MIM #23 -- part one

Today is my wonderful friend, Val's, birthday and I made her this card, using this week's Make It Monday at Papertrey Ink: Pockets wtih Edger Dies.

Now, I don't own any edger dies, so I decided to use my Mat Stack # 5 die to make this card:


I used Papertrey Ink cardstock, twine, Mat Stack #5, Tag Sale #3 & Beautiful Blooms II dies, Botanical Silhouettes and Communique Sentiments stamps sets. The patterned paper, sticker and brad are all My Mind's Eye.

Here's what the tag looks like when it's pulled out:


Thanks for looking!

9 comments:

Joyce said...

This is such a great card. Clever to use Mat Stack 5. I just love how you don't see the message until you pull out the tag. Great colors, too.

carol (krillsister) said...

Very creative way of displaying the card on the gift bag. Pretty card too.

Lee said...

Beautifully done. Love how you made the pocket!

Terri said...

Great job! Love your use of the mat stack die to make the pocket.

Margaret M said...

Oh I love this! It is so happy looking and it looks like it was fun to make too! TFS!

José said...

This is just lovely! Great paper and love that mat stack and flower!

Ally said...

Beautiful card, Leigh. I love the colors, and you're brilliant to use the Mat Stack for the pocket. The tag is so pretty with the colors and that flower and sentiment. Well done. ;-)

Suzanne Russell said...

Just beautiful! I know your friend is thrilled to get it.

Elizabeth said...

I love the colors of this card/tag! Totally cute and fun! She's going to love them!
e.