Sunday, July 31, 2011

10 projects in 10 days-- Day 5

And a few photos to share!

Yesterday was Cameron's birthday and we decided to take a day trip together as a family. We packed a picnic lunch and headed west.

For lunch, we stopped in Killarney. They have a beach there with picnic tables and play structures for the kids. After we finished eating, the kids played for a bit.


Jonah and Sage are so adorable and affectionate. I had to get a picture of these two pretending to be "love birds".


After some play time, we loaded back up the van and drove to the International Peace Garden, located on the border between Canada and the U.S. We drove around the Canadian side and then onto the American side, where we stopped at the North American Game Warden Museum. Thankfully, Jonah is no longer afraid of "stuffed" animals, so the kids enjoyed exploring the museum.


We drove back around to the garden and got out to walk the length of it, starting on the Canadian side. It's not a bad walk (2.4 km there and back) and the weather was great!


A nice man took a family picture of us by one of the fountains:


And I took some nice photos, too:










At the end, there's the Peace Chapel, which you can see a bit behind the border marker Sage and Jonah are standing on.


And the photos I took along the U.S. side as we walked back:


These were from the Twin Towers from 9/11 at the memorial there. I can't believe that that happened almost 10 years ago!




In the conservatory, they have all these different kinds of cacti there. I took a photo for a family there and they offered to return the favour.


Jonah took this one of Sage & me:






Another family photo taken by a kind stranger:


After leaving the Peace Garden, we drove north to Boissevain, where we took a photo of Tommy the Turtle...


Visited their model train museum...


And stopped at a yard sale, where I picked up this treasure for $8.


We drove back home after Boissevain, with a quick stop in Killarney to pick up burgers from The Beach Hut.

Oh, and before I forget, here's my project for today.... it's another card that I made using this week's Make It Monday at Papertrey Ink: Colouring with White Ink.


I used Papertrey Ink cardstock (black, Hibiscus Burst and Stamper's Select White), In Bloom and Half & Half stamp sets and Half & Half & Mat Stack #1 dies. The little pearls are Hero Arts.

Thanks for looking!

4 comments:

Debbie Gaydos said...

Leigh, these photos are AWESOME! I can't wait to see them on a scrapbook page! :) And love love love the card, the mat with the double-sided use of the half and half die is PERFECT!

Mad for Paper said...

Your card is absolutely gorgeous. I love all of your photos. your entire family is very photogenic. Looks like a beautiful spot and a beautiful day. I can't believe you got that old typewriter for $8. what a steal.
TFS
Ang

Karen C. said...

What a beautiful post, Leigh. I remember going the Peace Gardens when I was a kid (many, many decades ago!!) It certainly has changed - wonderful pictures and memories for your family.
Your card is lovely, too. the white ink and pink paper is a really soft look.

Elena said...

what a sweet family you are! and I do love how you used the half&half die - so creative.