Sunday, July 17, 2011

MIM #23-- attempt #6

Here's one last layout that I made using this week's Make It Monday at Papertrey Ink: Pockets with Edger Dies.

I was reorganizing my photos this afternoon and came across this gem that I wanted to scrapbook. I decided to make it for my "Thankfulness album".


I used PTI cardstock (kraft, aqua mist, harvest gold & vintage cream), Fillable Frames #10 die (to create the pocket) & Boy Basics: Game On stamp. The patterned paper is October Afternoon and Crate Paper. The red letter stickers are Webster's Pages and the green chipboard letters are American Crafts.

I tucked my journaling in the side pocket. I had left the pocket blank at first but then I decided to add the Game On stamp. I thought it was perfect, because at first glance, it seems fitting for a taekwondo tournament. But in reality, the reason I added it is because I feel that being loving & encouraging is the "best game" you can bring, because when you act this way, everybody wins.


Thanks for looking!

3 comments:

Mad for Paper said...

Great layouts. I love the look of a pocket on a layout.
TFS
Ang

Diane said...

What a fantastic layout. Looks like you have a great family with lots of treasured memories.

Anonymous said...

Oh you were in my hometown...Yorkton. Love all your recent projects.