Tuesday, July 12, 2011

MIM #23 -- part two

For my friend, Val's, birthday, I made her this card, using this week's Make It Monday at Papertrey Ink: Pockets with Edger Dies. However, I wanted to come up with a cool way to display the card with the gift (as I thought it would be way to bulky to fit in an envelope), so here's what I came up with, also using this week's MIM technique.

Now, as I said earlier, I don't own any edger dies, so I used a Mat Stack #5 die, along with some My Mind's Eye patterned paper and made a large pocket that I adhered to the outside of my kraft gift bag.


Here's a close up of the card in the pocket:



And with the card out of the pocket:


Thanks for looking!

8 comments:

Diane said...

What a beautiful gift ensemble. You did an amazing job! Your friend is very lucky to be receiving such beautiful packaging.

Chris said...

So very clever, I will definitely use your idea. I send a lot of gifts by UPS and this is a perfect way to package.

Mad for Paper said...

Great idea! lovely.
TFS
Ang

Unknown said...

Love this..what a great idea.

Inkyfingers said...

What a lovely idea. I love the card and the pocket on the bag is so cute.
Hugs
Carol x

Ally said...

Oh, and you've outdone yourself! Seriously. Fabulous idea for the 'double pocket.' ;-)

Gwen said...

Lovely!! Great idea to use the mat die- I'll have to give it a try!

Elizabeth said...

What a totally cool and creative way to incorporate the card with the gift bag, into my fav's! I always make such bulky cards myself and this is a great way to for me to not have to "find" an envie to fit them! Love it!
e.