Sunday, July 10, 2011

Self-timer shot #1


One day last week, I brought my tripod along with me to the beach and took this photo of Austin and me, reading our books from the Harry Potter series.

Then, this weekend, I printed out the photo and made this layout, using this week's Papertry Ink's Make It Monday #22: Multi-colour stamping with ink refills. I converted the photo to black and white, because the only reinkers I have are SU! ones: Kiwi Kiss, Riding Hood Red, Chocolate Chip and Baja Breeze-- none of which coordinate with Austin's orange shirt. ;)


I used Papertrey Ink cardstock (simply chartreuse and vintage cream), Text Style I stamp set (which I stamped repeatedly over the whole background with Versamark), twine and Tag Sage #3 die. I also used SU! & MME patterned paper and Pink Paislee letters. The little green number stickers are October Afternoon. The bookshelf stamp is Studio Calico.

A few close-ups:




Thanks for looking!

7 comments:

Mad for Paper said...

Your layout is beautiful. I love your text background. The book stamp looks great.
TFS
Ang

Lynn Put said...

What a fantastic SB page! I love your use of the tags for your journaling and your colors and photo are perfect for this page!

Jeannine said...

In all honesty, I thot it was two kids sitting there reading, but it was YOU with your son! lol What a cute layout! Great job on the photo using the self timer too. I like how you made your own background paper. I'll have to try that sometime. Great work, Leigh!

Melissa said...

What a beautiful layout, Leigh! I love the the colors and that fun book stamp! Did you type on the tags?

Unknown said...

Great layout, Leigh! What a precious time for you and your son - I love the self-timer idea! And, I LOVE the Harry Potter books :)

Jen Adcock said...

WOw! This is a wonderful L/O. I admire your creative vision. This is so perfect on all levels!

Elizabeth said...

Okay I have to ask... How did you print on that tiny little tag? I can never do anything like that, please share!!!! :)

I love your layout and the self-timer photo too!!
e.