Canada Day Five for Friday
Friday, July 01, 2011
1. I took my annual Canada Day photo of the kids on our front steps this morning, wearing their new tees. We were hoping to head to the beach for the Canada Day celebrations there and then to Winkler for their Canada Day street carnival, but it's raining, so we'll see what works out with the weather.
2. Yesterday was the last day of school for the kids. Yay!
I tired to get some of them both in the air at the same time, but their timing was a little off! Oh well, adorable nonetheless...
Here's Austin at the middle school...
3. We also got their report cards and I was very pleased with how well they all did! Such a great note on which to start off the summer....
4. I made some "thank you, teacher" cards for their teachers. Here are two of them. (The third one is here.)
I used PTI cardstock (Pure Poppy) and Happy Trails stamp set. The patterned paper is Cosmo Cricket and the baker's twine is My Mind's Eye.
And this next card is my second attempt Papertrey Ink's Make It-Monday #21: Polaroid Two Step Masking:
I used PTI cardstock (vintage cream, true black) and the Postmarks and Happy Trails stamps sets.
5. Last night, we went with our friends, Larry & Val, to go see Casting Crowns in concert.
They are hands down my favourite band and I was so excited that we were able to get tickets to the sold out show! We had great seats and the concert far exceded my expectations-- a great night!
Happy Canada Day!
Thanks for looking!