Friday, July 01, 2011

Canada Day Five for Friday


1. I took my annual Canada Day photo of the kids on our front steps this morning, wearing their new tees. We were hoping to head to the beach for the Canada Day celebrations there and then to Winkler for their Canada Day street carnival, but it's raining, so we'll see what works out with the weather.

2. Yesterday was the last day of school for the kids. Yay!




I tired to get some of them both in the air at the same time, but their timing was a little off! Oh well, adorable nonetheless...

Here's Austin at the middle school...


3. We also got their report cards and I was very pleased with how well they all did! Such a great note on which to start off the summer....

4. I made some "thank you, teacher" cards for their teachers. Here are two of them. (The third one is here.)


I used PTI cardstock (Pure Poppy) and Happy Trails stamp set. The patterned paper is Cosmo Cricket and the baker's twine is My Mind's Eye.

And this next card is my second attempt Papertrey Ink's Make It-Monday #21: Polaroid Two Step Masking:


I used PTI cardstock (vintage cream, true black) and the Postmarks and Happy Trails stamps sets.

5. Last night, we went with our friends, Larry & Val, to go see Casting Crowns in concert.

They are hands down my favourite band and I was so excited that we were able to get tickets to the sold out show! We had great seats and the concert far exceded my expectations-- a great night!

Happy Canada Day!
Thanks for looking!

11 comments:

Ted said...

Wow! I thought we got out late for school! ;) Love the pictures and the cards. Happy kids, I bet! :)

Rebecca Geile said...

Great job with the cards and cute kids!

Lisa Elton said...

Hey those are some cute kiddos and your cards aren't bad either LOL!!!

Laurie said...

Your pics are so cute! I love them!! That card is FAB! I love the border and the stitching! Casting Crowns? Lucky girl! I love them too! ;)

Ally said...

Great card, Leigh. ;-) Love those photos of the kids - that says it all about getting out of school for the summer, eh?!

Enjoyed your Friday Five. ;-)

Jen Carter said...

Cute, cute!! Your kids and the cards!! :)

Casting Crowns is my FAVORITE group too!! I was lucky enough to see them in concert a few months ago! Love, love everything they do!

Unknown said...

love your card with the polaroid masking! so soft and pretty, your kids are pretty cute, too. Happy Canada Day!

Debbie Gaydos said...

First of all, the cards are ADORABLE! I love how you used Happy Trails (I resisted it, but this is make me want to put it in my cart) and the use of Postmarks with the polaroid frame technique is perfect! Second, I'M SO JEALOUS that you saw Casting Crowns!! I soooo want them to come to Pittsburgh, lol!

Unknown said...

Looks like the kids were very happy. I love the card too. And lucky you...Casting Crowns. I would love to see them!

Luanne said...

Love Casting Crowns too! Your cards are great inspiration, how perfect for teachers! TFS!

DF said...

Beautiful cards! I love the pairing of postmarks with the trails... oh-oh, is it creeping into my cart?? :)