Sunday, March 10, 2013

2 layouts & 2 cards

I have two more layouts and two more cards that I made for the March Challenge on the My Mind's Eye Blog to use their pre-printed diecuts, and for this week's Make It Monday at Papertrey Ink: two-toned stamped flowers for the first two cards.

I made this layout using AC cardstock, My Mind's Eye patterned paper and diecut (it's an old one-- I think it's So Sophie). I also used my PTI Headline Alphabet stamps to stamp my title and I added some splatters stamps from Grunge Me.
 

Here's a close-up of the MME diecut, on which I stamped with the two-toned stamping technique, using a Rosie Posie stamp. I layered a MME sticker over top and added some MME brads. Again, I added a Grunge Me splatter stamp.


For the journaling, I diecut it with PTI's Half & Half die and added a stamped sentiment from On the Farm.


I had a few scraps from The Sweetest Thing left on my desk, as well as this "wonderful" diecut, so I decided to put them together to make this quick layout.


I liked the two-toned flower technique I'd done on Austin's layout, so I decided to repeat it here, using a Delightful Doilies die.


And here's a close-up of my journaling:


And for the two cards I have to share this evening, both use the MIM two-toned flower technique...

I made this card using Funky Florals for the technique. I added a MME chipboard sentiment, as well as a stamped sentiment from Harvest Berries:


The melon berry background was stamped with my new WMS woodgrain stamp.

And Sage decided she wanted to participate in this week's MIM, so here is the card she made:


She used PTI cardstock (stamper's select white, hibiscus burst), stamps (rosie posie, stylish sentiments: birthday) and dies (edger's #3, delightful doilies and double-ended banner). The patterned paper is Echo Park.

Thanks for looking!

10 comments:

Michelle said...

Beautiful pages and cards, both yours and Sage's. :) I just love all of your stamping and dies you use. Wish I had a few.. they make such gorgeous projects. I can't believe your oldest is 13!! They sure grow fast, don't they.

Cindy Lee said...

I LOVE your cards and layouts! They are so well composed and I must say that you have an eye for colors :)

Tracey McNeely said...

Beautiful layouts and cards Leigh. If the prairies were not between you and me I would come to scrapbook with you all the time.

Becky Carafa said...

Your two-tone flowers look great, and I love your layouts!

Kara said...

These are awesome! Love how you used the MIM technique. I have to admit, I thought it was a strange look until these. This really works!

craftmates said...

Beautiful pages and cards Leigh! That MIM technique worked very well on your projects.-Irma

carol (krillsister) said...

Your two layouts are awesome. You used some neat paper on your son's page. Love that spiral border.
Cute banners on Sage's layout.
Love Sage's card. That background paper is very striking.

Kelly Griglione said...

Leigh, you are a MACHINE! I'm so glad to pop by your blog as there are about a million new creations out here! Your layouts look amazing. The first one is so CAS ... totally reminds me of Cathy Zielski. And I completely agree with Kara. I wasn't wild about the two-toned flower effect, but the soft colors of your card really help it be more subtle and beautiful. Always love to see Sage's projects ... she's quite the crafter already : )

Oh, and I've been meaning to say "congrats" for having your card featured at the ombre challenge on MFW ... way to go!!!

DF said...

Wonderful work Leigh! The flower images you chose work perfectly with the MIM technique.

Also, great job Sage - your card is beautiful!!

Linda Nicholson said...

Beautiful layouts Leigh! I may have to case some of them just to get myself back into the groove of scrapbooking again! Love your CAS style!

Linda