Thursday, March 28, 2013

Easter's on its way!


I can't believe how Easter is just sneaking up on my this year!

I decided to carve out some time to make a card and some coordinating tags. I used this week's Make It Monday at Papertrey Ink: Watercolour Stamping Plus Embossing.

I chose some Echo Park patterned paper for my card. For the technique, I pressed some ink (aqua mist, harvest gold, new leaf) onto my stamp press and added some water. I pressed the back of the bunny & ears from PTI's Scrambled Eggs into the ink and then onto my cardstock. Then I stamped the bunny and ears image with Versamark and heat embossed it with white embossing powder. I diecut the patterned paper with  PTI dies (mat stack 1, mat stack 4 & fillable frames 7) to frame the bunny and added a PTI bountiful banners diecut stamped with the coordinating stamp, on which I stamped the sentiment from Scrambled Eggs. The little circle is a stamp from Birthday Style.
 

Here's a close up:


And for the tags, I used the same technique and supplies...


I used the PTI Tag Sale 7 dies for these two tags, with the egg from Scrambled Eggs.



And for this last tag, I used two LL:oval dies and the little chick stamp from Scrambled Eggs. I tried to keep the inks more separate for this guy, so the chick would be yellow and his egg shell would be blue.


His banner is from PTI's Fabulous Frames stamp set and die collection.

I'm entering this card and these tags into this week's Simon Says Stamp Challenge: anything goes.

Thanks for looking!

16 comments:

Linda said...

Wow as always you have been busy. Lovely Easter tags and card.

Kara said...

the technique looks adorable with these images!

Tracey McNeely said...

Leigh fabulous card and tags. I love your colour scheme.

A Crafty Person said...

Great tags! Wonderful idea to use this stamp set and Betsy's MIM challenge for this week.

craftmates said...

Lovely Easter card and tags. Love those patterned papers- Irma

Kathryn A said...

Super cards and tags! Do you attach the tags to Easter baskets? Just curious as to what people use tags for (I just use them at Christmas, myself, but would like to use them more...).

Elena said...

very cool & artsy effect. It's so subtle, and I like that!

Nancy Penir said...

Leigh, the colors on the last tag completely won me over. (Love all of them), and the banner seals it!

Natty said...

Really pretty, that Echo Park paper is just perfect. :)

Lisa Carroll said...

Gorgeous! Love the fresh, spring-y colors! :) Thank you for joining us in "Anything Goes" challenge over at the Simon Says Stamp challenge blog this week! xxo

victoria h said...

my favourite is the chick - lovely watercoloured stamping

Alanna said...

These are all fabulous. I especially love the tags.

Joni Andaya said...

Very pretty Leigh :)

xiumaiyuki said...

Fabulous! I adore those tags.

Sanketi said...

Love them all Leigh!

A Crafty Person said...

Congrats on the MIM win!