Saturday, March 30, 2013

Super sweet!


Good morning! I'm thrilled to say that I was asked to be a guest designer for the Sweet Stamp Shop this month. Nicole has just been so fabulous and sweet and she sent me this stamp set to play with. It's called Alpha-Tabs and is a great set!


I made two projects with this stamp set. The first is a card that I made using Alpha Tabs, along with the raccoon and acorns from Furry Friends Forever, which I paper-pieced using some My Mind's Eye patterned paper.


I lined my alphabet stamps and the word on my stamp press and inked them all up at once. This made it super easy to keep them evenly spaced and straight (a must for someone like me!)


For my second project, I made some tags to go along with the Butter Crunch filled treat bags that we brought to our teachers for the parent-teacher conferences earlier this month.


The trick for these was to make them assembly-line style. I diecut 11 PTI Tag Sale #7 tags. Then I arranged all of my stamps on my stamp press to spell out the sentiment. Then I removed all of the stamps except for the one colour (the "j", the "t" and the "o"). Then I inked them up and stamped them on all 11 tags. Then I added the next coloured letters (the "u", the "r" and the "y"), removed the first set before inking and stamping them. I repeated this process until all the letters were stamped.

I tied up the bags with a PTI enchanted evening button and twine. Here's a close up of one of the tags:


And I just have to share this.... when I was stamping them out, I told Jonah: "I can make these with an exclamation mark at the end or a heart. Which one would you like on the tags to give to your teachers?"

He told me: "An exclamation mark. Except for Mme. Poiron (his classroom teacher). She can have a heart." Awww! So sweet!


Click HERE to see all the new release sets from Sweet Stamp Shop for the month.

Thanks for looking!

15 comments:

Joyce said...

congrats on your guest design position. You really rocked this stamp set. Love your tags so much.

Elena said...

congrats on guest designing! I love the nuts about you card - so cute!

Taheerah said...

Great collection of tags (the colours are awesome) but I especially love your card - so pretty and cute!!

Deb said...

Leigh, these treats are awesome and I love your card! So sweet of Jonah to let you add the heart for one of his teachers. I love that.

Geri said...

Love the card and the tags, Leigh! And the treats, too! Made them from your recipe at Christmas and found they were quite addicting!

@JoyceCasaldi said...

Love the card, those stamps are perfect. Love the vintage type!

carol (krillsister) said...

Congratulations on your guest design position. You did an awesome job using that stamp set. Love the card especially with the paper piecing.
those teacher tags are fantastic. I am sure they loved them.

jan metcalf said...

Beats buying all those little sticker sheets!! Love how you used the type!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your DT position. Great work. TFS.

Kara said...

love those tags! especially the colors!

Kelly Griglione said...

OK, that patterned fox is so darn cute!! Love him. And holy cow, I feel like such a slouch ... have never even thought to give something at parent-teacher conferences! They are super-cute though, I'm sure a huge hit. Great job on your guest designing!!

Lindsey said...

Congrats! They made a terrific choice. You have showcased this stamp set beautifully....I want it now. :)

Tracy said...

Leigh your card is adorable and those tags are REALLY cute! love the colors especially - wonderful! (i also want to make that candy!!!)

Suzanne said...

Just the most adorable things I've seen in a while...love your color combos, Leigh!

Connie Hanks said...

I adore these tags! Your creativity is super inspiring!