Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Back to back layouts

Well, spring might officially be arriving this week, but you wouldn't know it here. We had a snow day yesterday and are having another one today! Last year on this date, it was plus 20C..... yesterday, we went down to -22C -- that's a difference of more than 40 degrees!

Oh, well, since we're stuck inside, I making the best of it.... by carving out some crafty time! LOL! I'd started a layout on Sunday and finished it yesterday.

I used some of my new goodies.... some new My Mind's Eye patterned paper and enamel dots and my new PTI Friends Til the End and Headline Alphabet.


This journaling card was perfect for Sage. ;) I added a few enamel dots to it, as well as one to the centre of my flower. I had diecut a piece of Pink Paislee patterned paper and heat embossed it with white embossing powder. The "perfect" chipboard is also MME.


For my title, I diecut the letters from hibiscus burst cardstock and then stamped over each one using hibiscus burst ink.


Here's a close-up of my journaling. I ended up using four different dies on this layout (PTI tag sale 5 & double-ended banner die for my journaling).


After I finished my layout, I decided to make another one on the back of it, so as not to let the cute hexagon pattern go to waste.


I added some more MME patterned paper to my background, as well as some MME chipboard and journaling card for the title.

I made the pink patterned paper using PTI Cutting Garden, for this week's Make It Monday at Papertrey Ink: Inked Backgrounds. I heat embossed the images with white embossing powder and then added Berry Sorbet, Hibiscus Burst and Scarlet Jewel ink to the background.


 This journaling card just said it all, so I didn't add anything else. The buttons and twine are PTI.


Thanks for looking!

11 comments:

Linda Nicholson said...

Beautiful layouts for a beautiful girl! Love your inked background on the 2cd layout and all your elements and journaling on the 1st layout.

Stay warm inside!

Linda

Michelle said...

That is a good idea.. using the backside. I always cut out the center if I am covering part of it up. Have to remember that for next time. The temp difference from this year and last year is something!! Last year this time, it was 78F here. Today, with the windchill it is -7F! (temp is 8F above, but the winds are whipping!)

craftmates said...

love your layouts Leigh. reminds me of spring which should be here soon.At least that's what we hope for - Irma

Nancy Penir said...

Always love your layouts. So much fun watching your sweet ones grow! Your die cut letters were perfection, something I always have trouble with!

carol (krillsister) said...

Love the pattern papers you used in this layout. I can't wait for warmer weather. We have been luch and had very little snow;;just very cold temps. colder than normal.

Kara said...

how sweet! how wonderful for her to know how loved she is:)

Jen said...

Oh my!!!! In love, love, love! The colors are so delightful! In love with my enamel dots too....aren't they so great? Love, love, love....

Jacquie Southas said...

Leigh - your stamped & inked paper looks like it was part of the collection! Fabulous job.

Kelly Griglione said...

Wonderful layouts! The colors you used are so happy! Love your journaling about the parent-teacher conference. And the speech bubbles, of course!

And I've been meaning to thank you for letting me know about my card on the PTI forum. That was really a fun surprise!

Joyce said...

This is such a beautiful page. Sage will treasure it forever. So many wonderful details, and I just love the colors you used.

Jessica said...

First time in your blog and loving your creations. This one called my attention...how clean and beautiful it looks. Tx f inspiring today to go scrap!!!