Friday, March 08, 2013

Five for Friday

1. I know I said I was hopeful for spring recently, but we got sooooo much snow this week that I'm beginning to wonder if it will ever come! But as an expression of faith that it will, eventually, arrive, Sage and I both ordered some spring dresses online. ;)

2. Well, my career took a bit of turn in the last couple of weeks. Some of you may know that I have been substitute teaching at our local high school for the past few years. Well, last week, I made a call and got my name added to the K-8 sub lists in our town as well. So, yesterday, I subbed phys. ed. in a K-4 school.... and it was quite fun. A few more injuries and tattling than I'm used to, but less attitude and drama. I'm looking forward to seeing how God is going to use this change....

3. There have been a couple of publications that have been released recently in which my work was published.


I have three cards in the March/April issue of Paper Crafts. One is for one of the sketches and the second is for my winning card for the World Card Making Day contest. This is the third card:



4. I also have three cards published in Card Creations, Volume 11.


Here's one of them, that was featured this week at Moxie Fab World.



5. And lastly, I want to share a card that I made using Sketch Challenge 02 on the Mama Elephant blog:




This card was fun to make! I stamped the arrows from On Target in harvest gold, aqua mist, enchanted evening and summer sunrise. On the banners (diecut with PTI's double ended banner die), I stamped some triangles from Trifecta and the sentiment is from Type It.

Can I tell you something? I was at the end of stamping my coloured arrows and goofed on the lowest enchanted evening one--- GRRR! I hate it when that happens, as I'm so reluctant to start over! I decided to restamp is on another piece of cardstock and adhere it using some dimensional adhesive. Then I added two more with dimensional adhesive to create a triangle which surrounds the sentiment.... so it looks very intentional.

Thanks for looking!

21 comments:

Miriam Prantner said...

Congrats on all these pubs/accomplishments! Well deserved, and I love that you made the mistake work for you! I do stuff like that all.the.time! Usually without such lovely results!

Tracey McNeely said...

Leigh you have been published quite a bit lately, and I always smile when I see your name. Teaching elementary is certainly a change from high school, I know I did high school for 18 years! There is so much fresh 'energy' with elementary!

Luanne said...

So wonderful for you! All these cards are all perfect! Enjoy your young ones, I'm sure they'll be days of challenges... :-)

Darnell said...

Congratulations, Leigh! So exciting to be published!

Thank you for all these wonderful cards to inspire me. I love it when a Grrrr turns into a Grin!! This was a really happy accident; it does look intentional and sensational!

Carolanne said...

Congratulations! These cards are just gorgeous. LOVE the Two Hearts Become One. Sometimes mistakes turn out to be really good inspiration:-)

Jen said...

so much fun! love your chevrons...delightful!! and snow, how fun! we didn't even get a flurry this season--my kids weren't too happy about that!!

love it girl!!

Kara said...

congrats on all of your pubs! Love your mama elephant card!

Taheerah said...

Awesome pubs, awesome news and awesome card! Happy Friday Leigh!!

Michelle said...

Congratulation, Leigh!! The published cards are awesome! Love your Mama Elephant card, your mistakes created a fabulous card!! Love it. :-)

Elena said...

wow! Congrats on all of your pubs! you are amazing!

carol (krillsister) said...

Congratulations on your publications. I love the card with those hearts. So pretty. Your last card is exquisite.

craftmates said...

Congrats on your publications Leigh. Well deserved. Love all the cards. - Irma

Cindy Lee said...

Congratulations on your pub, Leigh! Your name is everywhere! :) The mistake make your card extra beautiful!

Wida said...

Congrats on the new career path, I am having a similar experience and am having so many different emotions on it. You cards are just fantastic, and goofs sometimes work to your advantage ;)

Joyce said...

I am excited about all your publication success. You really deserve it. I love your card from today, and am pinning it to try with my Avery Elle set.

Unknown said...

Stunning card! and congrats on the 'pubs'

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on all your publications. Great to see your work pay off.

Anonymous said...

As I was browsing through magazines at Joanne's yesterday, I saw some of your cards. Congratulations!! You do such great work.

Debbie S

DF said...

WOW! Leigh, congrats on all your achievements!! (And phys ed in primary school sounds like fun!)

I LOVE love love your heart card especially. It's gorgeous, I stared at it for awhile. Thanks for sharing!

Kryssi said...

Hi Leigh! I am so happy yo see all your accomplishments as you're "movin' on up!" Always a delight and excited to see what you do with our stamps and this is no different! LOVE. Thanks so much for playing along with Mama Elephant!

Jen Adcock said...

Awesome the blissful lot! Congrats on being published. Totally well deserved. Keep kicking those goals, my friend. x