Saturday, March 02, 2013

AEI♥U Challenge


Hi there! I'm popping in today to post the card that I made for the latest AEI♥U Challenge on the Avery Elle blog, an inspiration challenge using this photo:


Now, since I don't have any Avery Elle stamps yet (although, I have a feeling that this will change soon, as I'd really like this set to come and live in my house), I used one of their free digital stamps on my card:


I printed the digital stamp on PTI stamper's select white cardstock and then coloured in the frame and flowers using some of Sage's Faber Castell watercolour pencils. I then took a wet paintbrush and "painted" over my colouring. Then, I started digging through my patterned paper and came across these gorgeous Heidi Swapp 6x6 sheets. I decided to use them, but needed to change my digital image, since it was too white against these papers. So, I blended some Tim Holtz Antique Linen ink onto my image with my blending tool.

For the patterned paper, the 6x6 sheet with the yellow stripes looked like this:


So, I cut it into four pieces and adhered it to my PTI hibiscus burst cardstock, positioning them so the seem ran down the left hand side like that, beneath the "for". Then I stitched them together with some zig zag and straight stitches.

As a finishing touch, I added some SU! pearls.

Thanks for looking!

8 comments:

Kara said...

So pretty!! Love the stitching. I know I always say that, but it's true!

Jen Carter said...

Very pretty Leigh! I love that patterned paper and the stitching too!

Taheerah said...

Pretty card Leigh!

carol (krillsister) said...

Pretty card. Was wondering how you did that without a seam.

Joyce said...

Such a pretty card. I thought of you when I saw that bicycle set, and wondered if you would get it. How fun would it be to win it!

craftmates said...

Gorgeous card. Perfect stitching too! - Irma

Elena said...

So pretty! I love the yellow striped border, and your stitching always makes me wish you could give me a lesson or 2! It's always so perfect!

Avery Elle said...

Leigh- This is so beautiful. I absolutely love your take on the challenge!!