Wednesday, March 20, 2013

With sympathy

I wanted to share another card that I made for this week's Make It Monday at Papertrey Ink: Inked Backgrounds.

For this sympathy card, I used PTI Stitches and Swirls stamp set for the inked background technique. I heat embossed the stamped images with clear embossing powder on a vintage cream background. Then I added some sweet blush ink.


The tag is made out of vintage cream cardstock, stamped with a sentiment from Communique Sentiments & an image from Modern Woodmats and impressed with my Simple Stripes impression plate. The butterfly was diecut from the front panel using a Beautiful Butterflies die and attached with a spring moss button and rustic white button twine.


Thanks for looking!

19 comments:

Tricia said...

What a beautifully done card.

Cindy H. said...

Leigh, this is just so gorgeous!

Linda Nicholson said...

This is just lovely Leigh! Your card makes me kind of regret passing on this set. :-) I wish my Sweet Blush would look as pink as that. That's what your card is... Pretty in Pink!

Linda

Kara said...

such a beautiful, subtle background!

Tracy said...

Lovely card Leigh. Very restrained, lovely color scheme - all perfect for a sympathy card. so pretty.

Michelle said...

So pretty, Leigh! I love that background, gorgeous!

carol (krillsister) said...

Pretty. so soft and feminine with all that pink.

Joyce said...

Such a pretty sympathy card.

Geri said...

How lovely, Leigh! The colors look beautiful with your subtle textures and patterns!

Jacquie Southas said...

Love the soft, pretty background - this makes a perfect sympathy card.

Scrappin4kim(Jennifer) said...

Love your card Leigh, I'm definately lifting this!!

DF said...

Beautiful Leigh. As usual, your eye for layout is perfect. I like how you stamped the circle mat off centre.

Tracey McNeely said...

Beautiful card and background Leigh.

tonyamaries said...

Beautiful!

craftmates said...

what a pretty card! love it- Irma

Cindy Lee said...

Love the soft and subtle color of this card! So beautiful!

Amy Kolling said...

Leigh, this is simply gorgeous!!! Love the pinked edge of your tag!

Jen said...

Love, it!! So clean and fresh--beautiful!!

samantha's cards said...

so soft and lovely