Monday, March 18, 2013

Miss me?

It seems like it's been a while since I've blogged.... LOL!

Well, I'm back today to share a card I made using some new goodies..... a new woodgrain stamp set from Waltzingmouse Stamps (it's my first stamp set from them and I'm really liking it!), as well as Papertrey Ink's Friends Til the End and Stylish Sentiments: Birthday.

For my background, I stamped some PTI soft stone cardstock with the WMS woodgrain stamp using A Muse Studio ink in Slate. I'm linking this card up for this week's Make It Monday at Papertrey Ink": Inked Backgrounds. Now, let me just say that the video wasn't working this morning and all the challenge said was to use an inked background, so I'm not sure if this applies or not.... but my background is inked with the stamp.


I stamped the flower and leaves onto some My Mind's Eye patterned paper that I'd diecut with the coordinating dies. I stamped the flower again and then cut out the middle and layered it over top, adding a MME decorative brad to finish it off. The sentiment from SS: Birthday was added using the AMS Slate ink. I used the PTI pinking border die to diecut the patterned paper along the bottom and then adhered this cardstock panel to my card using dimensional adhesive.

Thanks for looking!



22 comments:

Kelly S. said...

So pretty, Leigh! Love that pink daisy against your new woodgrain from WMS! Isn't it so fab? Now you have to join us for the next blog party on April 17th hee!

Luanne said...

I'm so glad you got Friends til the End! Isn't it wonderful?? Your card is so pretty! I love it stamped on patterned paper, just awesome...!

Gina said...

Ah, two of my favorite PTI sets combined on one card!! So pretty, Leigh! I love the brad in the center of the flower. It adds so much to it!

@JoyceCasaldi said...

Love the background, very pretty!

Taheerah said...

Welcome back Leigh! Isn't that Woodgrain set wonderful?! I'm sorta in love with it, ha. Love your bright flower too!

Tracey McNeely said...

Welcome back Leigh, your card is absolutely gorgeous. I have that WM Woodgrain set and it is just amazing. Glad you are enjoying it too.

Elena said...

so pretty! and I love that wooddgrain background - it really fills up the space. I hate it when a woodgrain has too many "holes" in the pattern, you know?

Nancy Penir said...

That woodgrain is gorgeous! Love the colors you used too!

carol (krillsister) said...

Welcome back. Lovely card. the woodgrain background is gorgeous. Goes perfectly with the flower.

Rose A said...

Pretty card Leigh!! I dnt have that background but I absolutely LOVE Claire's stamps!!
Love the colours you used, it really does look like weathered wood

Kara said...

cool bckground!

A Crafty Person said...

Lovely card. The background looks like real wood.

tonyamaries said...

Love the background stamp, it looks very real! Great color scheme!

Unknown said...

Beautiful card. I really need to use this flower stamp more.

Joyce said...

Such a pretty card. Great mix of stamps and patterned papers. I am so happy to see you are joining the WM bandwagon, too.

Linda Nicholson said...

Lovely card Leigh! That grey woodgrain background is a perfect backdrop for that gorgeous flower focal point!

Linda

Jen said...

Wow!! How pretty!! I love it!

Tracy said...

i really like the color combo Leigh and all the little details :-) and Friends til the end has been on my wishlist for forever - such a great set - i've got to move it off the wish list to the cart soon! I sooo want to color that flower! But i also got the sentiment set and it is wonderful and such a gorgeous choice here :-)

Kelly Griglione said...

Totally swooning over the soft gray/pink/yellow-green combo ... it's just fantastic!!! Just the perfect amount of each, too.

DF said...

Beautiful! The flower embellishment you created is so pretty; love the patterns.

Cindy H. said...

Just beautiful, Leigh! I love that you stamped over pattern paper. I never think of that and it is such a pretty look.

samantha's cards said...

very pretty