Tuesday, March 26, 2013

March AEI♥U Challenge



Today, I'm posting a card that I made for the latest Avery Elle Blog Challenge, which is to use the following photo as inspiration for your card:


I'm really loving this shade of green!

I used one of the free Avery Elle digital stamps to create my card, along with some Papertrey Ink cardstock (rustic white, classic kraft) and My Mind's Eye patterned paper. For the dock, I stamped my WMS woodgrain stamp onto the kraft cardstock in versamark and heat embossed it with white embossing powder. I added an Echo Park chipboard butterfly onto my flowers.



For my digital stamp, I printed it out onto the rustic white cardstock and cut it out with my craft knife. I pressed some PTI new leaf and ocean tides ink onto my stamp press and then took a paintbrush dipped in water and mixed up the inks and then painted around the frame and the leaves. I pressed a little more ocean tides ink onto the stamp press and then watercoloured my flowers. I added some SU! pearls to finish it off.


Thanks for looking!

15 comments:

Taheerah said...

Very pretty Leigh! Love your embossed woodgrain!

Betty said...

love everything about your card - the design, colors are wonderful!

carol (krillsister) said...

Lovely card. You nailed that challenge. Love how you did the "dock"

Karen C. said...

Using a variety of greens for the background and focal images creates such serene look on your card, Leigh.
Green is a much needed colour this time of year (after so much snow)!!

Joyce said...

Wow--Leigh--this is gorgeous. I really like what you did with the woodgrain. That is a great trick.

Tracey McNeely said...

Leigh can you spell Winner? You completely 100% rocked that inspiration photo. In am not even going to try now, but i am going to try that technique with the woodgrain. ;)

Suzanne B. Webb said...

Really, such a pretty card, I love the wood grain embossing!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful. Love the colour combo. TFS.

xiumaiyuki said...

I love how everything just 'mesh' so perfectly on this card. So pretty and the butterfly gives it that dreamy effect!

Thanks for the sweet comment on my blog! I'm enjoying browsing thru yours... loving all your creations!

lostinpaper said...

Such a beautiful design, it totally makes me smile.

Lindsey said...

Leigh, this card is BEAUTIFUL in every way.

Kara said...

so pretty!! love that soft green color!

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

wow this is stunning! Love the one plank of wood on here with all of that beautiful green!

Avery Elle said...

Leigh- You card is so perfectly executed and your patterns/color choices are stunning! You rocked this!

Wida said...

everybody did such beautiful work for this challenge including you. that woodgrain strip is so pretty!