Sunday, March 10, 2013

A set of cards

After making three layouts for the March Challenge on the My Mind's Eye Blog to use their pre-printed diecuts, I dug through my stash of diecuts/journaling cards and found a few more. Well, more than a few, really. So, I decided to make some cards with them.

Austin is going to Banff in April with his Jazz Choir from school and their having a fundraising concert next week. I was asked to contribute a set of cards for the auction. So these are the five cards I made for the set.

 In addition to the MME challenge, I also used this week's Make It Monday at Papertrey Ink: two-toned stamped flowers for the first two cards.

For all of my projects, I used MME patterned paper and diecuts.

On my first card, I stamped the largest flower from PTI's Cutting Garden stamp set in Melon Berry and Berry Sorbet. I used a post it note to mask the two sides and added a MME diecut sticker across the front. The twine and buttons are MME.


On my next card, I used the same stamp and technique, but this time using Melon Berry and Terracotta Tile, but sewed across the "seam" and added a MME chipboard flower over top. The Happy Day sentiment and scalloped border are part of the MME diecut I used.


On my next card, I layered a MME diecut over the patterned paper and added some MME chipboard buttons for accents. Before that, however, I added a PTI Wreath for all Seasons "birthday" stamp to complete my sentiment.


For my next card, I trimmed a piece of MME 6x6 patterned paper and added the "Happy Day" diecut sticker, as well as two MME brads.


And lastly, I came across this older diecut in my stash, but decided that the colours still matched with the other cards. I added a sentiment from PTI's Stylish Sentiments: Birthday stamp set and a couple of MME brads.


Thanks for looking!

10 comments:

DF said...

Beautiful cards Leigh. The cluster of buttons on the first one makes me happy. :)

carol (krillsister) said...

Great set of cards. I love the color combination of Terracota Tile and Melon Berry. Need to remember that one.

Alanna said...

These are all so pretty.

Joyce said...

Amazing card set, Leigh. Possibly a million dollar set?

Elena said...

very pretty!

Tracey McNeely said...

Your card set is so pretty Leigh.

Suzanne B. Webb said...

I LOVE your cards Leigh, I have a ton of those MME dies too....so thanks for the inspiration :)

Cindy Lee said...

Another set of awesome cards!!

Anita Rex said...

Hi Leigh! I love all your cards today! So inspiring! Love seeing the colors you used and the way you used the mme die cuts! This set will be a coveted set for sure!

Linda Nicholson said...

Wonderful set of cards! How lovely that the school requests cards to auction...nice that they recognize your talents!

I've seen pictures of Banff and have always wanted to go there. How exciting for your son!

Linda