Tuesday, March 05, 2013

And now for something a little different


Good afternoon! I'm enjoying a couple of minutes of silence in my house as my husband has just taken all three of my kids tobogganing. It's a snow day today, as we got totally dumped on with snow yesterday (also a day off for report card prep), so the kids have been home now for four days.

Ahhh, silence is golden.

Sage has a friend over this afternoon to play. So, while they've been playing Lego Friends in the basement, I've been sitting at my craft table, doing some playing of my own. ;)

The card I want to share this afternoon is one that I made for the Card Creations Week Washi Tape Challenge at Moxie Fab World. I decided to use my Basic Grey tape strips to make my card, as well as some Dear Lizzy diecuts. (This colour combo is different than what I normally am drawn to, but I was pretty happy with how it turned out.) The sentiment is a Mama Elephant stamp from Smitten.


For the leaves of my flowers, I put some of the tape strips onto some white cardstock and then ran them through my diecutting machine with my PTI Rosie Posie dies.


I'm also submitting this card for the current Simon Says Stamp Challenge, which is anything goes.


(Okay, I just linked up at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge blog... and I'm number 1200! Wow!)

Thanks for looking!

12 comments:

Melissa Bove said...

Absolutely gorgeous card Leigh! Love all of the washi tapes, the flowers and the pretty colors!!

Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog!

Hugs...
Melissa

Kara said...

cool!! love the washi and text leaves!

Taheerah said...

Terrific card Leigh - I love the mix of colours and patterns!

carol (krillsister) said...

Gorgeous card. I do love those colors together.

Joyce said...

Very pretty--and I do love these colors. I like how you did the leaves.

Elena said...

so fun! Love the texty leaves!

Luanne said...

Oh Leigh, this is awesome! I have washi tape, and never use it! I totally love how you did the leaves and will definately be trying that!

Miriam Prantner said...

Great card! Great use of washi!

Linda Beeson said...

What a pretty combination!

Suzanne said...

Gorgeous, Leigh!!! Just so gorgeous!

Sherri said...

1200 entries?! Wow. Good luck!

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Leigh! Thanks for linking this up to the Washi Tape Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in for all the fun! :)