Thursday, May 02, 2013

A card and a layout


I have a card and a layout that I want to share today.... both are for the April Creative Weekly Challenge at the Crate Paper blog, where the challenge was to create a project using a Colour Collage: one colour in varying tints & shades. Since I've already created a layout for the challenge in yellow and a card in orange, I thought, why not try a couple more colours.... like pink and green.

I was inspired by the Tuesday Trigger at Moxie Fab World to create my pink card.


I used some Crate Paper patterned paper from their Fourteen collection, as well as one sheet from the Crate Paper Maggie Holmes Collection, from which I fussy cut the flowers.


The candles, flames and sentiment stamps are from Papertrey Ink's Birthday Style stamp set and the die is PTI's Edger's #3.

For my layout, I chose to scrapbook some photos that we took on Louis Riel Day in February... of the kids in their jammies playing Monopoly (how they chose to spend their day off.) I found some different shades of green Crate Paper patterned paper in my scraps and put it together using some new stickers and diecuts from the Maggie Holmes Collection. 


For my title, I layered some tags and added some decorative brads. I used PTI's new Wonderful Words: Memories stamps and die.


I diecut a Crate journaling card using PTI's spiral notebook die and added a Maggie Holmes sticker to my journaling.



And here, to the Maggie Holmes diecuts, I added some Crate Paper brads. I've had that little dice one forever-- it's from the Restoration line... I was so pleased to finally have the perfect place to use it!



Hmmm, so what colours are left? Blue? Purple-- okay no deal on that one. I know for certain that I don't have any Crate Paper that colour. But blue.... maybe, just maybe..... ;)

Thanks for looking!

17 comments:

Miriam Prantner said...

Great projects, very sweet card, but I'm really loving the layout! You are really rocking this Crate challenge, I've enjoyed all your takes!

Kerry said...

Great projects! I had fun with this color collage idea too. Love all the little details on your layout!

StephH said...

Oh my gosh, I LOVE your birthday cake Leigh! Pink is my favorite color so am automatically a sucker for anything in pink. Great design! (hat pic of the petite fours was a trigger for something else not involving stamping I might add :) I also like your shades of green scrap layout, highlighting the perfect use for PTI's Memories die. As always, great work!

Erin said...

Super cute card *and* layout, Leigh! Love the title on your layout... the layered tags are adorable!

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

great card! I am really digging this layout! The title being up top with those tags is awesome! I LOVE all of the green on here, so fun to mix and match!
Lisa

craftmates said...

Both beautiful projects as usual Leigh! LOve the little birthday cake, so sweet. And the layout is fabulous! Fun tags on top! - Irma

Kara said...

love that little cake you made!! great pics on your layout too...perfect colors!

Joyce said...

So very sweet, as always.

joscelyne cutchens said...

sweet! i love both of these. i do have a soft spot for monochromatic projects :)

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Beautiful card and great layout!

Nancy Penir said...

Honestly Leigh you must have the most gorgeous albums on the planet! Your children will bless you always for preserving each event in their lives so beautifully! And the trigger card is darling. Love those candles!

Michelle said...

I am so happy to have wandered to your blog. I love your work. Beautiful! So I became your newest "follower". :)

Geri said...

The layout is great, as they always are! And I love your card! I want to play along with that challenge SO bad! (I NEVER HAVE!!! Shhhh!) Sure hope I can get it done this time! Both projects are just beautiful, and the card is perfect for the challenge!

Diana said...

Love your layout--especially the layered tags with your title. Very nice! Might have to use that idea. :)

Kelly Griglione said...

LOVE your white "memories" on those upside down tags with the gems in the center!! And yes, that dice brad is perfect here ... good thing you remembered that you had it!!

Cassie_lu said...

nicely done for the Moxie challenge and that layout is great too.

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Leigh! Thanks for linking this up to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)