Wednesday, May 01, 2013

Dinosaur lover

Today marks the 10 year anniversary of the day I started scrapbooking. I remember hosting a Creative Memories party for a friend who sold it and that was it. I was hooked!

So, it seems only fitting that today I share a layout. ;)

This one is for this month's Pages With Papertrey Challenge.

I created my layout using My Mind's Eye patterned paper and my Papertrey Ink Birthday Style stamps and  dies. I also used my PTI Headline Alphabet stamps to create my title....


... and my PTI Label Basics stamp set for my journaling:



These photos were taken last summer on my son's 10th birthday. So this month's challenge is to scrapbook some birthday photos and use at least one Papertrey Ink stamp on your page. If you'd like to use the challenge to scrapbook a baby's milestone (i.e. seven months) instead of a birthday, that's totally fine. That's for you, Deb. ;)

Feel free to link up your layout for the challenge either here in the comments on my blog, or here on the Papertrey Ink forum. I'd love to see what you make!

Thanks for looking!

10 comments:

Joyce said...

Such a cute layout. Wow--10 years of scrapbooking. At the pace you work, I'd venture a guess that you are all caught up on your kids' early years, and you have about 10 book cases filled with scrapbooks. Pictures of the scrapbooks on the shelves, please?

carol (krillsister) said...

Ten years of scrapbooking. Wow! what an accomplishment. Great layout. Love the balloons and the banners. Those banners have become one of my favorites. I didn't like them when they first came out, but wanted the balloons.
Your dino cake is wonderful. Your pictures of your family are a great treasure.

Elena said...

happy 10-year, hee! Love that birthday style stamp set - it adds fun wherever it's stamped! The cake looks amazing too!

Inkyfingers said...

I love how you manage to use so many stamps on your layouts Leigh. This bright, fun design really sets off those photos of a wonderful occasion.

tonyamaries said...

Great layout! I would still be scrapbooking if my layouts looked even half as nice as yours. Love your style!

Renee said...

Congratulations on 10 years...
I think I gave up after about 2 weeks...
they took so long and well...
patience is not a virtue I possess. :)
Gorgeous layout! :)

Geri said...

What a cute layout...I remember your post about the cake! Your stamping is perfect with this!

Donna said...

Congrats on 10 years, Leigh. Aren't we grateful for milestones placed in our lives that cause us to remember? I love scrapping my g'kids, & I've cased so many of your layouts. You have a wonderful talent (& I do think you should be on the PTI payroll- I've bought lots of their goodies because of you). Love your way of incorporating stamps into the layouts.

Kara said...

i remember seeing these photos of the dino cake.....they look great on your page!

Kelly Griglione said...

Big kudos for sticking with it for 10 years, Leigh!! So impressive! I'm very jealous : ) Maybe I will make a layout tomorrow for NSD! Love all the festiveness going on in the corner of your layout!!