Wednesday, May 29, 2013

May Creative Weekly, part 1



I wanted to share the layout and card that I made for the May Creative Weekly Challenge on the Crate Paper Blog: Summer Splash.

At first sight, I fell in love with Crate's newest line: The Pier. It is just the most perfect summer line ever! I was so glad that I had waited to scrap these photos that I took last summer at our local beach, because this line was perfect for them!

I used The Pier patterned paper as well as the slide frames--- oh my goodness, I am crazy about these slide frames! They are so fun and different!


I cut some word strips from the Crate patterned paper and diecut them with my PTI double ended banner die. I also stamped a Mama Elephant stamp in aqua mist onto some spring moss cardstock and cut it out by hand.


For my title, I used PTI's Headline Alphabet stamps and dies, along with berry sorbet cardstock and ink. Then, underneath that, I stamped a Mama Elephant stamp from their new Wanderlust set.


More diecut words and a close up on those fabulous frames....


And, while I had everything still out on my table, I decided to make a card, as well. I used PTI's harvest gold cardstock as my base and layered on the Crate Paper patterned paper and slides. I diecut some more words, just like I had on my layout. I also added some stitching and some MME enamel dots.


I love these little frozen treats! They were on a journaling card, but I cut them out when I discovered that they fit perfectly into one of the frames. Did I mention how much I love these frames? LOL!


So, usually I give away my cards or sell them at church, but this one is for me. I've already put it on my computer armoire, along with a lantern and my wrought-iron bicycle and it will stay there until summer is over. ;)

By the way, I'm also submitting this card for this week's Simon Says Stamp Challenge: Anything Goes.

Thanks for looking!

10 comments:

@JoyceCasaldi said...

Great Lo! I can't wait for summer!

Erin said...

Fantastic layout! And your card is adorable. :)

Terri said...

They are both great. I especially like the layout though. Great use of the frames.

Jingle said...

These are both really fabulous! Thanks so much for playing along with us over at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog!

Taheerah said...

I can see why you love this line so much Leigh - it is fabulous!! Love your card especially!!

Kara said...

such great details tto this line!! love your projects!

StephH said...

I am not a scrapper, but if I was, I would totally case your layout - what an awesome job you did. And your card just scream summer fun! As always, great work Leigh!

craftmates said...

Beautiful layout Leigh! Love those frames too-Irma

tonyamaries said...

Seriously Leigh that card is awesome! Those dots just make the whole thing pop! I would leave it out all year just because it makes me smile.

victoria h said...

Stunning scrapbook page and pretty card.