Saturday, May 18, 2013

Right on Target

I was really inspired by this week's Tuesday Trigger at Moxie Fab World:


So, I decided to make some thank you cards for my kids' teachers. Originally, I thought I'd make 8 or so cards, but these ended up being so finicky that I stopped at three.


Here's what I did.... For the background, I stamped my WMS woodgrain stamp onto PTI soft stone cardstock, using CTMH slate ink. For my targets, I created a cut file in Silhouette and cut out eight different ones (one of each eight colours I used: hibiscus burst, hawaiian shores, limeade ice, aqua mist, orange zest, pure poppy, harvest gold (all PTI) and a Bazzill purple. While these were still on my Silhouette cutting mat, I stamped them with the WMS woodgrain stamp in soft stone. Then I cut out some white circles. On these I stamped some woodgrain images (also from my WMS set), so I could leave some "blanks" when building my targets. Then I started adhering the pieces from the outside in. I also cut out some vellum pieces to adhere over three sections of the target.


For my sentiment, I diecut some cardstock with my PTI double-ended banner die. On this, I stamped an arrow from Mama Elephant's On Target and over that, I stamped my sentiment, from PTI's Happy Trails.


Here are the two other cards, using the same techniques, but different coloured cardstock for the mat and sentiment banner.



This is definitely the most cardstock I've ever used for three cards! LOL!

Thanks for looking!

16 comments:

bjmartin said...

Fun cards Leigh! Though I can imagine they were finicky - all those little pieces of card stock! They turned out great though!

Michelle said...

Wow, Leigh, these are amazing! They're perfect for the TT. The addition of the vellum is fabulous!

Joyce said...

These are amazing--but such a lot of work. I"m sure that they will be greatly appreciated.

Taheerah said...

Absolutely perfect take on the Trigger Leigh! Love these!

N@ Ali said...

wow, this is absolutely fantastic!! 3 is already so much!

craftmates said...

Beautiful card Leigh! Great take on the challenge. love that background set- Irma

Kara said...

these came out great...perfect!

SmilynStef said...

What a great teacher card design.

Jacquie Southas said...

Fantastic set of cards Leigh - love the vellum overlays and the blank spaces - you really completely captured the TT. I love the woodgrain stamp- think it is one of the best ones out there!

@JoyceCasaldi said...

But great idea, even though it took a lot of card stock!

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Leigh! Thanks for linking this up to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

Kelly Griglione said...

Holy smokes that is a ton of cardstock ... love it!! I especially appreciate the negative sections, adds a nice layer to it. Great way to incorporate your arrow too!

Geri said...

Wow, what an awesome design, Leigh!!! And the colors are so fresh!!! Love it!

Cecilia Hsieh said...

Fantastic bunch of cards Leigh! Love how you used the vellum! Good luck!

Anonymous said...

What great cards.

Tara Elias said...

Absolutely love this!