Friday, May 24, 2013

A quick card


Just popping in to share the card that I made for the latest 10 Minute Craft Dash, where the challenge is to create a card in less than 10 minutes using the colour palette on the logo above.

I decided to ink up my new PTI Pedal Pusher set. I found some coordinating Authentique patterned paper and got to work...

Now, I have to confess, this is my second attempt. For the first one, I stamped on rustic white cardstock, using the same design.... but I messed up on the basket filler. I stamped the flowers green, thinking they were suppose to be leaves... sigh. So, I started over.

Because I was using the same design (and could reuse the scalloped edge that I diecut using my heart border die), this one went quite quickly. Here it is:


I decided to use some Crate Paper as my background this time. I even had time to add stitching, which made me happy. :)

And my time...


Thanks for looking!

22 comments:

Ted said...

Such a cute card, Leigh! The patterned paper coordinates beautifully. :)

Alanna said...

This is gorgeous. Love the colors and paper you used.

Taheerah said...

Really pretty Leigh! Love the colours! Amazed you managed to complete that, with stitching, in less than 10 minutes!

merryf said...

So adorable! The purple and yellow is darling, so sweet and spring-y! Love this!

Miriam Prantner said...

You shame me with your ability to create so quickly! I love this card, great color combo and paper choice!

DF said...


Love it! I've been waiting to see your first Pedal Pushers creation. :)

Geri said...

Oh, Leigh...you got the BIKE (I'm jealous!)...and it looks so very pretty here!!! Just beautiful!!!

Kara said...

so cute!

Susan said...

Very pretty Leigh! Don't you just love this set? It looks great one layer as well as full blown moving wheels layers :)

craftmates said...

Very pretty Leigh! That bicycle is perfect for spring / summer and a perfect match with your patterned paper - Irma

Cindy O said...

Wow, that is just beautiful! And less than 10 minutes - amazing. Love it.

tonyamaries said...

Gorgeous card! I love the color combo and THAT bike!

Tracy said...

Wow - in less than 10 minutes? You are amazing. I really love the color combo you used paired with such pretty paper. I have yet to even open the package on my Pedal Pusher (I'm dying to but it'll have to wait a little longer :-() - but I'm going to love seeing what else you come up with in the meantime!

Renee said...

Gorgeous!
And in less than 10 minutes...
wow!! :)

Joyce said...

Amazing card, and in less than 10 minutes--wow.

Poorvi said...

Leigh, you made this in less than 10 minutes? Wow! Beautiful card, I loooove this cycle :)
Thanks for playing along in the 10 Minute Craft Dash! I hope you'll join us again soon :)

Greta said...

I love your style! Always fabulous work, including this one!

Jill Norwood said...

Beautiful card! Love the purple bike!

Meredith MacRitchie said...

I can tell you're not at all disappointed in that bike set!! ;)

What Crate Paper is that? I don't recognize it!

This turned out great, and the layout works with your bike so well - that stamp would totally elude me, but you've been doing great with it.

Thanks for playing with the Craft Dash Leigh!!

maria f. said...

Um, may I just say you are incredible. This card in under 10. And your PTI blog hop cardS. You overachiever, you!

Amy Kolling said...

Leigh, this is just a beautiful card! The colors are gorgeous (these were my wedding colors) and your stamping is flawless! I can see why this was a winner!!!! Fab job!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Leigh,

Super beautiful card :)

Can you please list the supplies if possible? Esp, the base CS,

Thanks,
Vithya