Tuesday, May 07, 2013

Using buttons...

I'm here to post a layout and a card that I made for another Studio Calico's NSD challenges-- a challenge to use buttons.

For my layout, I used some American Craft patterned paper that I got in a Studio Calico kit, as well as some Studio Calico patterned paper (yellow), some SC cut files (love and the feather) and a couple of the printables that SC provided for the crop. I added some Papertrey ink buttons and twine. (I'm also entering this layout into the challenge to mix in a digital element (the printables)).


And for my card, I used another sheet of AC patterned paper that came in a SC kit. I stamped on the patterned paper using versamark and my PTI Lace Bouquet stamp set, which I heat embossed with white. I diecut one of the PTI Bountiful Banners dies, stamped on it with Sweet Blush ink and then stamped my sentiment using Happy from Happy Day and Mother's Day from Pretty Peonies. I also added my PTI buttons for the challenge.


Thanks for looking!

7 comments:

Kara said...

That huge chevron paper is so cool. Love the bouquet embossed in white!

@JoyceCasaldi said...

Love your new blog look!

Cindy Lee said...

Love the simplicity of both of your layout and card!

craftmates said...

Fabulous layout and card! Love the patterned paper on the layout and the embossing on the card is amazing.- Irma

Joyce said...

I love how you always do a layout and a card. Today's are wonderful, as usual.

Cassie_lu said...

beautiful mother's day card

Luanne said...

I love your Lace embossing. It's perfect for a Mother's Day card. Just beautiful!