Thursday, May 23, 2013

A trio of baby cards

I wanted to share a trio of baby cards that I made using this week's Make It Monday at Papertrey Ink: Paper-Piecing.

For all three cards, I used Teresa Collins patterned paper and PTI's Tremendous Treats: Birthday stamp set.

For my first card, I used the PTI Hexagons cover plate to diecut my cardstock and patterned paper. I layered my paper-pieced elephant and balloons on a Half & Half diecut. The sentiment is selectively inked from the Simple Sentiments stamp set.


I used some leftover hexagons to make my next card. This time I paper pieced the little chick and added a sentiment from PTI's On the Farm, stamped on a double-ended banner diecut. A couple of My Mind's Eye decorative brads finish it off.


And lastly, a baby card using the same little elephant, but this time for a baby girl, layered on a couple of Limitless Layers: Oval diecuts.


I cut the "J" from a piece of My Mind's Eye patterned paper, thinking it would be a neat way to personalize the baby's card by using her first initial.

Thanks for looking!

22 comments:

Audrey said...

Oh my Leigh, these are ADORABLE!! I love everything about them! I can't pick a favorite... they are all great!

Ted said...

Leigh, these are precious! :) I love the little elephant paper-pieced! Very cute!

Geri said...

Oh, my...these are ALL fantastic cards, Leigh...with so many sweet touches! I love that little birdie perched on the hexagon! So very nice, my friend!

gardener said...

I just found your blog via PTI (love PTI stuff) and am bowled over by your cute cards. Love your creativity and color combos. Certainly will keep your blog on my often-visit-site. Thanks for the inspiration.

Tracey McNeely said...

Leigh all just delightful cards! I need to get some baby themed stamps.

Caren B said...

Great cards. I think the elephant may be my favorite stamp from that set!

Karen C. said...

We have a few family members and friends who are expecting babies this summer, so I will be saving these designs for inspiration!! I especially love the patchwork look of the last one. The addition of the initial is a great way to personalize the card.

Taheerah said...

Very cute Leigh! Love the colours and love the patchwork effect on the last one!

Jacquie Southas said...

Sweet set of baby cards!

Erin said...

What a sweet trio of cards! The little elephant is just darling!

Marcia Hill said...

I love all 3 of them...they just couldn't be any cuter! Very nicely done Leigh!

Nancy Penir said...

These are all as sweet as can be, but my fav is still the sewn card!

Jean Martin said...

Oh my goodness! These are adorable!!!! I should pull this set out and put them to use again! Thanks for the inspiration!!! :)

Kara said...

love all of these patterns!! such sweet cards!

Megan Carroll said...

Amazing Leigh!!!! Your cards are so beautiful! Thanks for sharing!

StephH said...

Just adorable Leigh! Your color choices are perfect. Am wondering who in your life will be receiving these;) That's a lot of babies!

Renee said...

Leigh these are all too adorable...
and making me wish for that little ellie!! :)
But love the patchwork look on the last one best...
especially that "J"!
And the new header looks fabulous...
do I spy a certain person's favorite color in there?!! ;)
See...
you're starting to love it as much as I do! :)

Joyce said...

Leigh--these are all so adorable. I can't believe I have that stamp set and have done almost nothing with it. Am definitely going to case you, and all I need to do is to convince someone to have a baby now!

Lindsey said...

I absolutely love each one of these! So, so cute! Love your layouts in each one, the colors/mix of patterned papers, and that darling elephant. He's another favorite of mine. And I do think the "J" is such a fun touch.

Carolanne said...

These are just adorable. Such great ideas and inspiration here!

DF said...

Absolutely fabulous cards!! Leigh, you are so good at piecing. Just like Melissa P's, it doesn't look pieced at all - it's like magic.

Helen F. said...

Awww, how sweet are these Baby card? Love they to pieces (pun intended :)
The leftover hexagons are put to great use too.